When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tired of the same old Avenger look?

hackR

Wow, never knew you had one of these Mike. Should have hung on to it mate, I can only see that one increasing in value! I never knew they existed until a few months back. Just goes to show you that Rob's franken Breits could very easily fool most people, as you would have to be extremely hard core to keep track of every model and special edition that breitling has come up with. In fact his watches give us a good idea as to what breitling might have done if they hadn't ceased to produce the Chrono Avengers. I feel that his V1 with the Skyland dial could very well have been the next version CA if they had not opted to produce the Skyland.

Had one back in the day wen I was young, dumb and a watch was nothing speacial to me. You can still find the Sixty-Nines around for $3-$4K from time to time, which if I recall was about what it cost me new in '03-'04. Now all my Breiltings stay put in my collection epecailly the LE. :drinks:

It spent more time with Breitling then on my wrist...think this is why they never went far with this movement.

I would have liked to see Breilting stay with the CA. It offered a nice break from their high polished SS look across their model range. If they did a brushed SA, I would be all over it!

I would have liked to see Breilting stay with the CA. It offered a nice break from their high polished SS look across their model range. If they did a brushed SA, I would be all over it!

Couldn't agree with you more. Can you see Leonardo DiCaprio wearing any of the current Avengers in Blood Diamonds? I don't think so! The titanium Chrono just feels and looks so rugged, like it was meant to be exposed to the elements. The current polished avengers look like they are more suited to a club than the great outdoors. The Blacksteel versions are a little more on target if you ask me.

Why don't you brush a rep Super Avenger Mike? Too big for me, but I'd love to see what it looks like. Bead blasting the case might look even better!

great discussion, guys... :drinks: ...the bezel on the CA is simpler and draws out the dial better, IMO...i like the Skyland, a lot...but find that grey skyland dial in my ti CA case looks really sharp...

i WILL be putting the gen blue dial "asssembly" into the v1 ti CA case to see how i like it - and to take some pix...but i have to say, the hesitancy to keep it that way comes from exactly what was discussed - the grey Skyland dial in the ti case looks great - especially on dark leather, too...a unique, rugged look...and as A mentioned, who really is going to be able to know if the look is real or fantasy...so far, it sure gets a lot more compliments and notice than it did with the rep black CA dial...

i actually discussed and am still considering finding someone with the talent and patience to deeply brush the polished ss CA case; marrying it with a deeply brushed Pro 2 bracelet...a killer looking combination - sort of like an Avenger Blackbird setup!...much less blingy brushed than polished...

what do you think?!...

R

I think it would look great Rob. Only problem is that without completely disassembling the case, including pushers and bezel, it would be impossible to do it correctly. The trick of brushing is to get all the lines straight and in the proper direction. I really like the bead blasted look that one of our members was doing recently. Gave it a more uniform finish IMO.

Couldn't agree with you more. Can you see Leonardo DiCaprio wearing any of the current Avengers in Blood Diamonds? I don't think so! The titanium Chrono just feels and looks so rugged, like it was meant to be exposed to the elements. The current polished avengers look like they are more suited to a club than the great outdoors. The Blacksteel versions are a little more on target if you ask me.

Why don't you brush a rep Super Avenger Mike? Too big for me, but I'd love to see what it looks like. Bead blasting the case might look even better!

Agree 100%, the Ti CA is so rugged looking. Love the weight of the SS, but the Ti is just so tough looking! Hmmmm....maybe we need a Tantalium piece! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Polishing a rep SA is a great idea! Just getting the brush direction to all be the same would be difficult. Unless going with a light brushing. I wonder if Breitling would do this on a Gen is someone wanted it. :g:

• 2 weeks later...

Great job guy's!! Rob they both sound killer!! I really like the sound of the white dial AS, very cool twist!!

Been thinking about the brushing thing, I'm wondering if would be something I can do?!?

I have a steady hand and a VERY good sense of direction (you walk into painful stuff if you don't in my condition!! lol)

A vice, lots of cloth and tape and some good polishing/brushing kit, which I already have for parts for the bikes.

Hmmmm, worth a consideration, I totally agree, a Skyland brushed as a BB would look waaaaay cool!!

Sixx :bones: