When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tired of the same old Avenger look?

hackR

Hey Everyone!...

In concert with "Bike Mike" Horror-logical Enterprises, I present to you - a pair of Avengers you don't see everyday... :victory:

(v1 ss Chrono Avenger w/ gen blue dial, v3 Skyland w/ white "fantasy" Chrono Avenger dial)

*** Special thanks to andreww -- our spiritual Breitling Zen-master for his guidance with this project...and Mike, of course, for his Breitling passion and awesome watchsmithing skills... :drinks:

Enjoy - R

caskylandswap1.jpg

caskylandswap2.jpg

caskylandswap3.jpg

caskylandswap4.jpg

caskylandswap5.jpg

caskylandswap6.jpg

caskylandswap7.jpg

caskylandswap8.jpg

You gotta at least try it in the ti case!!!! Pleeeeeeaaasssse?

Great looking, and unique watches my friend!

I promise, A!...There was no way I was going to send Mike my ti CA!!!... :pardon:

So now that the gen CA dial is mounted on the Skyland movement, I can move it in out of the various cases... :drinks:

oh yeah - don't ya like how the factory got the blue of the Skyland hands pretty darn close to the gen blue CA dial color!...sweet!...

R-

Feeling the love man!

Please let us know easy you can get the case back off after I Loctite her down....Oh I am not talking the blue stuff either. :rolleyes:

Go easy with the pipe wrench and loctite Mike, I've been waiting a long time to see that setup in the ti case. Not many people, including myself, will be able to tell it from a gen without flipping it over.

How are you liking the blue Rob? I love my blue Skyland, but I know that gen dial has a much nicer tone to it!

How are you liking the blue Rob? I love my blue Skyland, but I know that gen dial has a much nicer tone to it!

I have the same dilemma with the Fish. The black rep is hands down the most accurate but nothing strikes me like the blue dials... especially the Breitling blue dials.

This is a shot I found from WUS (I think). I've learned my lesson... when you buy a rep, stay away from the blue dials. Sadly they can never look like this

nvodu9.jpg

or this

6.jpg

The shine and deep color effect simply isn't there. :(

I guess blue Skyland rep has the same problem.

That doesn't mean that you can't enjoy the watch... you absolutely can. It's just that we're obsessed with our watches.

Andrew is still the go to guy for Breitling... IMO..

+1...I could never keep all the differences in the rep versions straight in my head between Ver. 1, Ver.2, Ver.4, or Ver.2,381,400.

When R asked me to fit the Gen dial he quoted Andreww "as being able to fit the Gen CA dial in the case Version he had". I just thought they all fit or I would make it fit (insert bigger hammer) :g: I have dedicated my knowledge to the gens (past and present) as Breitling is my fav. watch brand, so it is all up to Andreww to carry us! :good:

The gen blue dial is wellllllll - just gorgeous...the dial color is just right - as is the matte finish...another really understated advantage of the gen dial is the power of the white paint on the dial...it's simply much brighter... 8)

I've yet to see the completed watches as Mike just finished the swap-out this weekend...for those wanting to know - here's what was done...

Components: v1 ss Chrono Avenger white dial watch, v3 grey Skyland Avenger watch, gen blue Chrono Avenger dial, Skyland blue hands...Josh is one of the few that still carry the v1 ss white dial Avenger watch - last page of his Avengers...it has a high-beat "decorated" movement - same as the v3 Skyland; exactly the same case as the elusive discontinued ti Chrono Avenger; but has a short 6 o'clock leg of its chrono hand and a lousy "rep" datewheel - both corrected on the Skyland...

The blue gen Chrono Avenger dial was sourced through Concepta...cheers, my friend!... :good:

The gen blue CA dial and Skyland hands replaced the grey Skyland dial/hands - and then the blue dial Chrono Avenger "assembly" was installed into the v1 ss Chrono Avenger case...The white dial Chrono Avenger "assembly" was then installed into the Skyland case...

As Andreww has requested, I am now able to movement the dial "assemblies" into the various cases...so it should be a fairly easy process to move the gen blue dial assembly into the v1 ti case...the only real issue we've had in the process is getting the darn movement retainer clips back on - they require a little tweaking since the dials have slightly different thicknesses... :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Thanks for looking and for the comments...this has been a fun project... :drinks:

As I mentioned in the original thread, I owe a great deal of thanks to andreww for his comaraderie, encouragement and knowledge - and most importantly, his friendship...and of course, to our Mad Scientist, Mike, for his passion and skills in putting this all together - we've had a blast working together on it -- and while he knows his Breits, he still is clueless when it comes to rep versions I rattle off... You guys rock...

This is a classic project of how well RWG works!...

R-

LOL, Rob's Avenger collection is like the results of the "day after the Christmas party" at the Breitling factory :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Rob had to edumacate me about there being a rep SS CA. He keep saying Stainless CA case and I keep going huh? Breitling never did this? The CA was a Ti model. When they went to SS it became the Skyland..... :pardon: Many sleepless nights over this one. :rofl:

Rob had to edumacate me about there being a rep SS CA. He keep saying “Stainless CA case” and I keep going huh? Breitling never did this? The CA was a Ti model. When they went to SS it became the Skyland..... :pardon: Many sleepless nights over this one. :rofl:

Actually Rob is semi correct, there is a gen SS Chrono Avenger. It was a limited edition and had a tricompax layout, but nonetheless...

1972_cat1_l_4a7e7c3b428c0.jpg

Actually Rob is semi correct, there is a gen SS Chrono Avenger. It was a limited edition and had a tricompax layout, but nonetheless...

1972_cat1_l_4a7e7c3b428c0.jpg

Outside of the CA SixtyNine, which was SS and completly different from a CA. Case looked the same but had a displayback.

I used to have one. Keep having issues with the movement as it was part quartz and part mechanical. Traded it for a IWC.

Outside of the CA SixtyNine, which was SS and completly different from a CA. Case looked the same but had a displayback.

I used to have one. Keep having issues with the movement as it was part quartz and part mechanical. Traded it for a IWC.

Wow, never knew you had one of these Mike. Should have hung on to it mate, I can only see that one increasing in value! I never knew they existed until a few months back. Just goes to show you that Rob's franken Breits could very easily fool most people, as you would have to be extremely hard core to keep track of every model and special edition that breitling has come up with. In fact his watches give us a good idea as to what breitling might have done if they hadn't ceased to produce the Chrono Avengers. I feel that his V1 with the Skyland dial could very well have been the next version CA if they had not opted to produce the Skyland.