When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Brevettato - Officine - Panerai Engraving on Nightwatch's Case Backs

kbiz

I'm trying to convince Nightwatch that this engraving would be highly desirable... If you agree then please oh please chime in and show support... I for one don't like the look of a display case back without engraving... but DSN's case backs are not only too thin but the engraving is waaaayy off... Let's show Nightwatch what kind of interest there is... and I've already done the artwork part so it's just up to the engraver, etc. ;)

****Please post up in the WTB section as this is the "List" of all those who are interested and will make up the first batch and maybe only batch of these that are made. Post here in the "WTB Section" to be on the "List"****

DSN's

2-13-2010-75717-PM.jpg

Gen

34.jpg

Engraving Template

BREVETTATO.jpg

Couple more Gen Pics:

32zsxw1.jpg

2-15-2010-34613-PM.jpg

Yes this would be too cool!!!

Tell your engraver he can finish this after our other little nifty project first!! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Cali have not a Display....

That's true but it sure would be pretty :) I've heard of some Gen owners having display backs made just for show... as long as you have the original...

Here's a pic from my watchmasters case with custom engraving... this is old school:

1c42430d.jpg

The case backs are already made they just need engraving. If there are enough people that are interested then I will produce these backs. Ideally I need 10 people.

1) I suggest a flat plexi glass back (authentic looking) not domed, see image the watch back has a dome

2) The case backs can be machine finished or aged polished (see image: solid version and the one on the watch are polished)

Engraving: These backs would be engraved the same as the authentic version using an old pantograph from the 1950's.

Aged Polished Finished: this is not the bright chrome-type finish, its polished but doesnt look too shiny and new, its difficult to describe therefore see image below of the solid case back (taken off a vintage project) and also the one on the watch these are both polished.

Prices:

Solid Case Back: $85 available now

Display no engraving: available now $95

Display with engraving: $150

Display engraved and aged polished finish: $190

caseback-5.jpg

Below: Polished and aged Case Back

polish-2.jpg

polish-1.jpg

I am loving this loop. I don't know who is doing what but if someone is going to produce accurate dimensioned case backs with pantograph engraving (the only accurate engraving for both case backs and even movements) than I am in for at least one.

The case backs have been made for some time but not with the engraving. The other versions for cases like the silix 3646, DSN 6154, DSN 1652 can be viewed here

Post here in the "WTB Section" to be on the "List"

Who knows how many batches there will be... this could be the only run Nightwatch does and if so, don't kick yourself for not having gotten one... or three... Over the years I've bought Chief cyclops, V Crown Guards, Lello Date Wheels, stuff from Finepix, and many other talented individuals... most of the time I didn't have a project and I usually bought more than 2... if I didn't use them I easily sold them later or traded them for very rare and hard to get items... point is there's no risk to buying one or two of these case backs but when they're gone you may never get a chance to get one and if you do you may have to pay through the nose... V-CGs have sold for over $400 at times, and I just traded one of my old stock V-CGs for several Angelus Ross dials that are out of production :o So get in at the beginning because you can always sell it later.

Well the first two samples are here... Below the images show the following...

• Officine Panerai Case Back
  • Brevettato Case Back
  • Machine Finish Backs
  • Polished and slightly aged finish Backs
  • Dome Plexi
  • Flat Plexi

Below: Just finished the engraving no glass has been fitted in this image and the case backs are Machine Finished (unpolished)

casebackengrave-1.jpg

Below: Can never make my mind up about having a Dome or Flat Plexi so here I have added one of each and will decide later.

casebackengrave-2.jpg

Below: A better shot of how the Dome and Flat Plexi look. The background image is a Silix 3646 case with a Thick Solid Case Backs that I've polished and aged (a little)....

casebackengrave-3.jpg

Below: In this image I have now Polished and aged the case backs (a little)

casebackengrave-4.jpg

Below: With a Miltary Marina Dial and sterile movement then this watch can be worn pretty much anywhere...

casebackengrave-5.jpg

Below: Two Polished and aged case backs (without plexis)

casebackengrave-6.jpg

Below: Same two case backs with plexi's... and I still cant make my mind up which to have, the Dome or the Flat Plexi...time for a pot of tea...

casebackengrave-7.jpg

I am loving this loop. I don't know who is doing what but if someone is going to produce accurate dimensioned case backs with pantograph engraving (the only accurate engraving for both case backs and even movements) than I am in for at least one.

Someone would have to find a pantograph engraved caseback and then any CNC machine could copy it perfectly--do the dsn casebacks fit other cases?