When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

what is the best softwear for editing and making images

FxrAndy

So as the title sugests i am looking for some software that allows me to create images particularly mock ups of watches, for example i want to place an image over the dial of another watch, i have been trying for a while and i know i could do it before but i think that may have been in word????

Bu now when i tray with all the programs i have i only seam able to have square images and when i overlay them i have the white back ground square there all the time

I assume photo shop would be the main candidate, is there any better or easier? and what version?

it is about time i got some proper software to do images so what is ideal

Oh and not to memory intensive, Slow computer, older versions any one?

@FXRandy: Send me the images and explain what you want to be done and I'll do it for you.

Photoshop is the best for PC. It's a lot of value for money, especially when you get it from Megaupload.com, Rapidshare.com or Torrent sites. Great replication of the original. :D Happy hunting!

Photoshop is really full featured but I don't find any of 'em real easy! I have downloaded Corel Draw to work on some "secret" projects as I have read for what I want to do it would be best to use a "raster based" program...

In photoshop overlaying images is pretty easy by just using two layers, one for each image...

Photoshop is the way to go, but downside for you is it's memory intensive both on your CPU and GPU! Latest version is CS4! I have CS3 that I don't use anymore that I tried to sell here a month ago, PM me if you're interested! If you have just a small project, I would recommend taking BT's offer!

Alternative to Photoshop is a freebie called GIMP.....click Here!! I use it for quick editing before, but quit since I got CS4!

Good luck!

Hike

Thanks hike, and the rest i have managed to do what i wanted to a bad degree but it is fit for purpose, PS4 is pretty complex, but i realized in the end what i needed were layers. and parts of the dial in layers, Problem with net books is that you dont have a disk drive, now i am wondering if i could do what i want using the photoshop elements that have pre-installed?????

You got it! Thats the beauty of layers! I have some CS3 books I could lend you if you need them to get deeper into layers, just holler! Even though the version is 1 behind, the theory is the same.....just better implemented on CS4!