When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What Kind Of Music Do You Prefer?

fitmic

What kind of music do you prefer?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Here are your choices_

• Classical (Beethoven)
    • Opera (Pavarotti)
    • Reggae/SKA (Marley, Dekker)
    • Metal (Metallica, Iron Maiden)
    • Pop (Madonna)
    • Rock (Dire Straits)
    • Blues (BB King)
    • Gospel (Al Green)
    • Country (Willie Nelson, Johnny Cash)
    • Electronic (Jarre, Kraftwerk)
    • Hip hop (Public Enemy)

How could you leave jazz out of your little survey?

And there are as many subvariants in jazz as in the rock/pop world.

Sorry man.

I completely forgot jazz (perhaps because it's my least favorite genre).

Perhaps you could vote for blues? Since there are blue grass, and some jazzy influences?

Cause this is a survey on music :lol:

Yet Hip Hop makes the cut? I'm sorry, but Hip Hop is an assult on the ears and mind. And Counry Music kills brain cells.

Give me 80's music, all types from Hard Rock to Wuss Rock. Bon Jovi, Poison, Metallica, Huey Lewis, Boston, Forigner, The Go Go's, Debbie Gibson, Ratt, Motley Crue, Devo, Franky Goes to Hollywood... to name a few. This is why I have XM Radio :)

What kind of music do you prefer?

If you are not sure about the categories, I've given you some examples of artists in eash category.

This poll might work better if we had the option of voting in more than one category.. several apply for me!

jut a thought.... :D

Lots of the usual 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s rock classics - and since 2000, Smooth Jazz; (decent) Electronica (meaning people like Steve Reich and not J.M. Jarre); Lounge (genre Hotel Costes and Buddha Bar) and Chillout (Ibiza, etc.) But these are just broad categories. There are many artists who escape precise definition and who are absolutely brilliant - people who will be discovered or re-discovered and hailed as geniuses in a thousand years - if anyone is still around to listen to them - but no use even mentioning them since only person in a half-million has ever heard them or even knows what you're talking about.

Yet Hip Hop makes the cut? I'm sorry, but Hip Hop is an assult on the ears and mind. And Counry Music kills brain cells.

Give me 80's music, all types from Hard Rock to Wuss Rock. Bon Jovi, Poison, Metallica, Huey Lewis, Boston, Forigner, The Go Go's, Debbie Gibson, Ratt, Motley Crue, Devo, Franky Goes to Hollywood... to name a few. This is why I have XM Radio :)

Can´t agree more !!! Great taste !!! :thumbsupsmileyanim::thumbsupsmileyanim::thumbsupsmileyanim:

Can´t agree more !!! Great taste !!! :thumbsupsmileyanim::thumbsupsmileyanim::thumbsupsmileyanim:

Blaacchhh!!

The best of these groups is boring.. the worst are offensive!!! I mean, Debbie Gibson???? eeccch.... Poser umm i mean Poison??? Wow.

If you are going to hop on the 80's how about Talking Heads, The Cars, Nick Lowe, Dave Edmunds, Squeeze, Graham Parker and the Rumor, The Clash, the Prentenders...

hey fitmic if your a big maiden fan. have you heard of lauren harris? She is Steve Harris Daughter and is making a go at being a pop star.

http://www.monstroentertainment.com/laurenmusic.php

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=33473263

Monstro is my cousin, he is producing her. In fact my dad is in her first video (not released yet)

Personally i pray at the alter of Dream Theater and King's X

Blaacchhh!!

The best of these groups is boring.. the worst are offensive!!! I mean, Debbie Gibson???? eeccch.... Poser umm i mean Poison??? Wow.

If you are going to hop on the 80's how about Talking Heads, The Cars, Nick Lowe, Dave Edmunds, Squeeze, Graham Parker and the Rumor, The Clash, the Prentenders...

That 80s music is keeping me young. It was the time I was a teenager and made a lot of experiences...:whistling:

If you like Squeeze and Nick Lowe you must know the guy from my signature. One of the greatest and most underrated artists alive. And surely a great guy. ;)

That 80s music is keeping me young. It was the time I was a teenager and made a lot of experiences...:whistling:

If you like Squeeze and Nick Lowe you must know the guy from my signature. One of the greatest and most underrated artists alive. And surely a great guy. ;)

Yes I do. I cannot attest to how good a guy he is but he made some pretty good pop records. especially with Squeeze, an extremely underated pop band