When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Who makes the mech for Armani watches?

fizz

As im considering buying one of their chrono watches i was posed a question by somone who asked who makes the mechinism for the watches and if they are reliable.

As i have done a search and can only find a couple of things on the net stating that there are no brandings in the mech anywhere and that it is of asian movement.

Any input would be much appreciated. :)

Regards

Fizz

ha... yes im referring to a gen Armani item.

I know they aint 'propper' watches but then its a daily one to wear as a 'fasion' watch and i need something reliable at the moment rather than buying a high end rep for it to only fail within the year. This has 2 years warranty etc but just wanted to confirm that they will be reliable.

Cheers

Fizz

I'm sure they're reliable.. it will be a cheap quartz i'm sure. Would never consider getting one since they're definitely over priced for what you get. I'd prefer to buy something here, service and mod it and you have a great watch that will last you years. Armani,gucci, dkny and the likes don't cut it for me. Save your money and buy a seiko if you want to spend the money for an armani. There's plenty of good seikos i'd love to have :)

I'm sure they're reliable.. it will be a cheap quartz i'm sure. Would never consider getting one since they're definitely over priced for what you get. I'd prefer to buy something here, service and mod it and you have a great watch that will last you years. Armani,gucci, dkny and the likes don't cut it for me. Save your money and buy a seiko if you want to spend the money for an armani. There's plenty of good seikos i'd love to have :)

Like this?

http://www.lingraywatches.co.uk/seiko-coutura-kinetic-two-tone-chrono-mens-watch-snl036-p-1669.html

Looks quite nice... but alas i aint a fan of link chains as im one hairy SOB on my arms.. lol

Like this?

http://www.lingraywatches.co.uk/seiko-coutura-kinetic-two-tone-chrono-mens-watch-snl036-p-1669.html

Looks quite nice... but alas i aint a fan of link chains as im one hairy SOB on my arms.. lol

No not something like that.. I was thinking something more like this:

DSC_0185.jpg

(haha.. but then again.. that's a $3,500 Seiko)

I seriously see it as a waste of money spending 170GBP on a quartz watch that has mineral crystal and is made in china anyways. "Fashion" watches are never worth it.. and won't last you more than a few years. A quality rep (depending onthe model) if serviced and well taken care of can last you a life time.. and will ALWAYS look good.. not an ephemeral design like most of the gucci and armani watches that they come out with every year... For 170GBP.. you can do much better than an armani.... :thumbsupsmileyanim:

just my .02cents though :whistling: