When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Post Pics Of Your Rolex Daytonas

Lee

@Freddy Will the standard DW VJ Dial work with a 7750? Same for hands?

I recall that someone here said they put 1 together like that, but I cannot see how it is possible. The pinion alignments differ. A couple of years ago, I posted a comparison pic of 1 of my 7750-powered 6263s next to a gen & the primary difference between them was the location of the subdials (being closer to the outer edge of the dial on the 7750-powered version).

Just found the pic

72_vs_77501.jpg

I recall that someone here said they put 1 together like that, but I cannot see how it is possible. The pinion alignments differ. A couple of years ago, I posted a comparison pic of 1 of my 7750-powered 6263s next to a gen & the primary difference between them was the location of the subdials (being closer to the outer edge of the dial on the 7750-powered version).

Just found the pic

72_vs_77501.jpg

Out of curiosity, is the presence of the red Daytona text a rep-specific feature, or was it a change in spec mid production run? I only wonder as I removed the text from my dial the other day (I felt it was a bit pale, rather than a rich red) and much prefer it without the text :)

Out of curiosity, is the presence of the red Daytona text a rep-specific feature, or was it a change in spec mid production run? I only wonder as I removed the text from my dial the other day (I felt it was a bit pale, rather than a rich red) and much prefer it without the text :)

The earliest versions were released without 'DAYTONA' on the dial. These (along with 6238s) are often referred to as pre-Daytonas.

Mellus: Beautiful Sky Chief! I'm still not sure what the 4/8/12 minute markings mean, though. I think the 6234 has the same on its dial.

I've got a folded-link bracelet for this one, but it's much more distinctive on a Tropic:

786590485_CxRdd-X3.jpg786590494_UuqYw-X3.jpg

775393155_N27fS-X3.jpg

Recently, I found this 6240 listed on an Italian seller's website:

798803162_WoyGJ-X3.jpg

I wish I had the photo skills to match how nice these two guys look. The 6265 is newly back from The Zigmeister, and started as one of Eunomians projects that I happened to luck into. It's really a beautiful watch. I never thought I'd ever move the 6263 into second place, but the SS Bezel and black face really work well together.

watch.jpg

e7c8addc.jpg

• 1 month later...