When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

WM9 / BK LV Submariner :D - Lovin it....

OSRep

Hi everyone,

I feel like I have cheated in getting the famous LV Sub from WM9/BK i.e. like I have "jumped the queue" somewhat - so my apologies. But I must say a big thank you to Nik "concepta" for kindly putting his up for sale. ;) As always Nik was great to deal with....Package was bubblewrapped safely and shipped (from sweden to UK in 6 days).

Im sure alot of you have already heard this, but, "im no Rolex expert" so I will express how I feel about this watch "as I see / handle it" - plus, its been a while since I held a gen LV sub.... ;) So here goes;

"Out the box":

Visually:

- The first thing that strikes you about the LV is the green bezel. The overall watch is visually very pleasing i.e. darn sexy!! Luckily concepta had a gen insert fitted so no pearl / colour issues. In saying that, he sent the WM9 insert too, and the green is practically similar to the gen.

- I'd like to say that, for a rep, the WM9 / BK sub lives up to its reputation - and, as a watch, is made to a very high standard (so thanks for your hard work BK and WM9).

- Having seen pics of gen LV's on the internet youd be hard pressed to tell this watch was a rep (just by looking at it - its that good), and the flaws that are there, for e.g. SEL gaps, would need a very good eye.

- Crown, Maxi dial, CG's, case profile, brushed finish on upper surface of lugs, dial print, polished case sides ALL LOOK PRETTY GOOD. There are a few marks on one of the lugs and SEL though.

- There is a difference between the right and left crown guard. The right crown guard (if looking at the crown head on in pics) is ever so slightly thinner than the left one (also slightly different in shape. Again this is only visible in macros and not really by looking at the watch in reality....

"Feel" of the watch: heres where im slightly unsure....

- First thing I instantly noticed when picking up the watch was its "mass" i.e. it does feel extremely light (im not saying that is an indication of poor quality btw - just observation) ;)

- Secondly its the bracelet. I think this is the major let down for this watch - I hope I can be honest :whistling: , but it just doesn't feel "quality". This one is extremely stiff in places - in the links and clasp, it feels light, the edges are quite sharp, and it makes that horrible "tinny" rattle / squeak. I know this is a common problem on the Sub and im hoping a good oil / bike chain wax / light scrub and a little TLC will make it feel better!? Again, without holding the gen in hand I cant be too critical.

- The bracelet does have a plus though - it was a breeze to size :thumbsupsmileyanim: The screws unscrewed / screwed back smoothly.

- Another thing im not too sure about is the font / printing of the date on the date wheel (especially 25 - 29)....the numbers seem to be misaligned (see pics of 25, 27, 28).....

- The crown feels solid when unwinding, its also very smooth. Winding the movement, setting the date and time also feel solid.

- The movement has been running like a champ and been keeping time pretty much spot on. "0038" on the LV, my laptop and phone - all in sync.

Conclusion - I will need to go play with a gen again..... ;)

I know this is a rep and it does has VERY MINOR flaws - but its a fantastic rep and a brilliant watch. I think the few negatives are heavily outweighed by the overall quality of this timepiece offered to us at a fraction of the price of the gen! So for those of you still waiting for yours you wont be disappointed, the rest of you - "you gotta get you wanna deez" :thumbsupsmileyanim: :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Ive taken some TERRIBLE photos (not my cam) - so my apologies. Please feel free to comment. ;) Thanks guys.

Take care.

/OS

IMG_3602.jpg

IMG_3603.jpg

IMG_3608.jpg

IMG_3609.jpg

IMG_3610.jpg

IMG_3615.jpg

Slight gaps in SEL's

IMG_3616.jpg

IMG_3619.jpg

IMG_3620.jpg

Gen insert / pearl

IMG_3614Pearl.jpg

Printing on datewheel - what do you guys think?

IMG_3622.jpg

IMG_3612.jpg

IMG_3623.jpg

IMG_3597.jpg

@ WW: thanks buddy. Its not exactly a review, just observations ;) pics aren't that clear though, will try take better ones when I get a chance :)

@ HOMuhudee: "not bad"? I busted my b***s writing this hahaha. Just kidding. Thanks man.

I gave the bracelet a good soak in dry wax lube for bike chains and its worked wonders (highly recommend). The bracelet has loosened up nicely, no more tinny sound - looks and feels amazing now! Very happy :thumbsupsmileyanim: :thumbsupsmileyanim:

IMG_3631.jpg

IMG_3633.jpg

IMG_3634.jpg

IMG_3637.jpg

IMG_3640.jpg

IMG_3642.jpg

IMG_3643.jpg

IMG_3646.jpg

IMG_3650.jpg

IMG_3651.jpg

IMG_3649.jpg

Beautiful watch and thanks for the pics!

I'm interested though. I have an LV on the way and Im also interested in gettin a gen insert. The problem with that is if you want a perfect LV replica it has to match up to one of the particular versions of the LV. There were a number of different 'marks' made with very subtle differences.

Check this link here:

LV differences

I'm guessing that you have gotten lucky with your insert and that infact your submariner now replicates a 'Mark 6' Z-Serial LV...

Unless anyone can see differently? I dont have the best eyes for this type of thing compared to some of you guys!

Beautiful watch and thanks for the pics!

I'm interested though. I have an LV on the way and Im also interested in gettin a gen insert. The problem with that is if you want a perfect LV replica it has to match up to one of the particular versions of the LV. There were a number of different 'marks' made with very subtle differences.

Check this link here:

LV differences

I'm guessing that you have gotten lucky with your insert and that infact your submariner now replicates a 'Mark 6' Z-Serial LV...

Unless anyone can see differently? I dont have the best eyes for this type of thing compared to some of you guys!

Hi Ammandel! Thank you for the kind words, glad you like the LV too. Brilliant link btw - thanks for posting! I totally see what you mean. There are quite a few variations, and you are right, mine would prob closely resemble the Z serial Mark 6. The WM9 LV is in an M or Z serial right? So im assuming you get photos of the gen insert before buying and make sure its the correct one....I guess I was lucky (as I bought w/out prior knowledge..........Let us know how you get on!

Regards

nice watch bro, and great new pics, i realy like the green on her, looks so smart :thumbsupsmileyanim: :thumbsupsmileyanim:

enjoy her

Appreciate it Denz, thanks bro!! Hope you and the Audi are well :)

Man, I just found this thread, don't know how I could have missed it.

:drool: :drool: :drool:

Aw, I gotta have one of those! :wub:

Thanks for showing, O!

Val.

Haha, hey Flor. Dont worry, its been kinda dull in here for some reason...... :whistling: Maybe not enough drinks. Youre not on the preorder for one of these? Ever owned a WM9 sub? Never thought id like the green - but its superb!

Have had many idiots ask me "is it real?" and I just say "ofcourse it is, why?" and they reply: "BECAUSE ITS GREEN" - hahaha. I just chuckle. But alot of people have taken it off my wrist and loved it!

Get one... :thumbsupsmileyanim:

OS

Hi O.

Yes I have a WM9 Sub. It's the V2 black version and it really hurts to take it off my wrist at night. :lol:

The LV is a stunner though. But I'm on the preorder list for the SD and my watch budget is way over the top already. :crazy:

Wear her well, you both deserve it. :)

Val.

• 4 years later...