When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Q: Bing Bang Movement

thogaa

Was wondering why the HBB has an A7750 movement when it doesn't have chrono functions? :unsure:

"Movement: Asian 7750 Valjoux Working Chronograph movement, 28800bph , Decorated Insignia Rotor, Working Regulator"

Trying to stick to Swiss ETA movements in my simple watches :g:

cv7.jpg

This here is actually Big Bang King you are talking about. I guess there are few reasons. First, I think gen is also powered by 7750 derived movement, and using movement with same dimensions makes it much easier to have all other measures exactly as gen, i.e. to have 1:1 copy. And, like Toad already said, it's obvious that "makers" get these kind of movements with very good conditions, because they love to use any 7750 variant in all reps. Last, I'm sure there are some three hand movements that would suite this case, but would struggle with driving such huge central seconds hand.

regards

I know there a few three hand gens that use this movement.Like Toad said "they are cheep when purchased In high volum". They are also considerd a very robust movement. Since 1974 this has been the go to movement for many thousands of high end timepices. They are reliable and they can be very accurate when properly regulated. They were designed for complications but they also can be a good movement for the standard three hand when all things are considerd and everything else being equal. :) Mike

The main reason is the position of the date window. The larger 7750 base movement allows them to move the date window closer to the outside of the bezel. The gen King uses the same 7750 base movement.

There are reps available with a smaller Swiss movement, but the date window is closer to the center of the dial, which makes the rep look totally wrong.

As long as you get the King with the high beat 7750 that runs at 28,800 you will be fine. It's a very reliable movement, and I wouldn't even consider buying a King with any other movement.