When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

IWC V2 Top Gun

Mickey Padge

Picked up this little beauty cheap from Sql_pl, as the day/date was not working, thanks for a great transaction Sql_pl! After a trip to Germany for Domi's great care and attention, she is up and running perfectly now, thanks Domi! B)

I also picked up a RIOS 22mm aviator strap from ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270210314956 after seeing a member on repgeek post some sweet shot of his watch....

Here are a few pictures, click to expand:

dsc03146v.th.jpgdsc03133j.th.jpgdsc03136q.th.jpg

dsc03144pv.th.jpgdsc03130pe.th.jpg

dsc03146p.jpg

A really nice watch, and so light, I didn't expect that! The crystal has the blue double AR that I like, very effective! The "TOP GUN" engraving on the side of the case is very sharp too :)

I noticed when I accidentally scratched the back of the lugs as I squeezed the 22mm strap in place (D'OH) that I could remove the marks! I took a small piece of my rubber abrasive block and lightly scrubbed it away! Afterwards I just rubbed my finger over the effected area, and it was as if the case was never marked, sweet! :D

Comments and observations welcome! ^_^

Thanks MP.

Yes Domi relumed it for me,he did a great job although on the hands there seem to be some uneven lume fills or small holes left by bubbles during application,this is visible only under certain light conditions so it does not bother me,but i will try to source a gen pair of

hands.I don't know what he is using (SL or Tritec)but the lumed areas seem to remain visible in the dark more than 10 hours,with only

a few minutes of exposure to daylight :shock::Jumpy:

I will definitely use his lume skills for future projects without any doubt :good:

Here's a lume shot

b6a80456.jpg

P.S I have just tried to erase with a rubber eraser the scratches made the same way as yours on the back side of the lugs and also on a small area of the caseback and it worked like a charm !!!

thanks for the tip mate :drinks:

Oooh nice, gen movement, dial and crown maybe? :)

Yep the ceramic in reps definitely won't have the same properties as the gens, aside from resisting scratches at least!

I don't think it is a matter of gen/rep,no matter what,if the ceramic case is dropped at the wrong angle there are pretty good chances to break,this has been discused in gen forums as well :black_eye:

In my case it landed on the tip of the lug,the strap was not mounted on the case at the time,which was the main factor for the damage.If the strap was on chances are the lug would have survived the fall.

• 2 weeks later...