When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Good quality Luminor cases...

swdivad

Does anyone know where I can find a good quality Luminor case set? Everywhere I look are the stumpy lugs and dimples between them...

I had a look at the GETAT website, looks good but they seem to have the dimple... Where is JacksonTse's website?

Are there any sources around that has a good quality case?

I'm looking to build something PreV or PreA :thumbsupsmileyanim:

ahh! Thanks, google works :)

In the sales section, the seller mentions that the case is an old style case...

I'm looking to build a PreV or PreA watch...

Are the helenarou new style cases less desirable for a project like this?

is this better than the new style case? Reason I ask is because he's wanting 150 for the set, and she sells hers for 40-50...

How's her CG for PreV and PreA?

Jackson's do not have a dimple. avitt gives these he thumbs up for his pre V Projects

They make for a perfect pre V case if you can drill screwhead side of the case for pre-V screwtubes and grind down the casetube a butthair

15 minutes of work with a good drill and a dremel

Jackson's do not have a dimple. avitt gives these he thumbs up for his pre V Projects

They make for a perfect pre V case if you can drill screwhead side of the case for pre-V screwtubes and grind down the casetube a butthair

15 minutes of work with a good drill and a dremel

Sorry, but JacksonTse's 44mm Luminor style manual wind cases do have strap dimples between the lugs. Not huge ones, but there is a dimple there.

hmm... I'm now wondering about the viability of manufacturing our own PreA and PreV cases and CGs.... could be done I'm sure

The case would probably be cost prohibitive, unless you made a great deal of them (lots of money to get the first one properly made). The crown guards have had a few attempts - some too thin, one a bit on the thick side, another .... you get the idea.

hmm... I'm now wondering about the viability of manufacturing our own PreA and PreV cases and CGs.... could be done I'm sure

Work is being done on a longer term project on the Pre-V cases. Still trying to get a prototype exactly right before pricing it out though so it will be a while before the project comes to fruition. On the Cg's and case backs there are enough sources around. But for now an older Helenarou or Eddie is your best bet on the cases.

How abouth thedvdsen pre.v case sets???

Thing I worry about Davidsen parts is the total lack of adxhering to standards...

I don't know about now, but in the past, we had to use Davidsen lug screws... I mean, WTF is with that? :black_eye:

CGs also didn't have standard mounting holes... again... wtf?? :wounded1:

I ruined a beautiful one of a kind Metta Katerina strap because his case edge was too close to the lug holes... $350 strap screwed in 5 minutes :black_eye: :black_eye: :black_eye:

Has anything changed with his cases recently? I would love to know this :whistling:

My experience is the more things change, the more they stay the same ;) Say it ain't so :clapping: