When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Need Some Help From Us Members

richard lawton

Hi All

I need some help from our American members. (Been Scammed)

I bought a watch on Ebay (Genuine), sent the payment (Very Good communication)

confirmed receipt of the money and sent tracking number.

All good so Far!!!!!

Package arrived after 10 days in the U.A.E and was opened at customs for duty

but no watch just a TV remote control inside the unopened package. (Which was marked as a watch and open in front of me by a customs officer)

The seller obviously has proof of delivery of the package, How or who can I report this to in the States?

Is there any Government department or organisation I can contact to investigate and help me?

The Scammers details are as follows:-

jaid3333 Ebay Name

Jarrett Wendt

2123 Montana Ave.

Santa Monica, CA 90403

Beware everybody!!!!!!

And yes he has a good record with ebay DAM SCAMMERS!!!!!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I am feeling very frustrated and helpless with this scammer.

Many Thanks for reading this

Regards

Richard Lawton.

At best, it's nearly 11pm (West Coast) and at worst, one in the morning (East Coast) in the States.

The guys who are still on the board are probably not the ones who can help you.

I can think of several who could find your man pretty quickly, but it's up to them to come forward on their own.

Sorry to hear the bad news, and best of luck in sorting it out.....

Hi All

I need some help from our American members. (Been Scammed)

Package arrived after 10 days in the U.A.E and was opened at customs for duty

but no watch just a TV remote control inside the unopened package. (Which was marked as a watch and open in front of me by a customs officer)

Regards

Richard Lawton.

How, exactly, did that happen? I'm having some trouble with this aspect of the story - were you just hanging around chatting with customs when your package came in? Or, did they feel it necessary to call you, and have you come watch while they opened your package?

Bill

Hi Bill

In the United Arab Emirates, when a package arrives they call you to collect it at the main post office. On arrival they fill out the necessary paperwork and the package goes to the customs counter where it is opened in front of you by a customs officer. (EMS, Reg delivery) This is different for FedEX etc.

Just to clarify the situation.

Richard

I can see why he chose you as his first scam job, you happen to reside in the right place so he can refute your claims by stating you are just another Arab scammer.

Maybe we should all contact this guy through our own countries eBay so he can see how many friends Richard has all around the world.

Ken

Hi Bill

In the United Arab Emirates, when a package arrives they call you to collect it at the main post office. On arrival they fill out the necessary paperwork and the package goes to the customs counter where it is opened in front of you by a customs officer. (EMS, Reg delivery) This is different for FedEX etc.

Just to clarify the situation.

Richard

Thank you.

I apologize for being skeptical, but it goes with the profession.

A professional associate, and friend of mine, had a case a few years ago where a gentleman from Texas hired him to locate his former wife in Tampa. He found her, and a few days later, they found her dead. She had been dead a couple of days and her children were a bloody mess from trying to wake her up.

He had hired a couple of mutts to kill her, but they weren't able to find her by themselves. My friend didn't do anything wrong, and considering the story the husband told, any professional investigator would have done the same thing - but it has still been tough to live with.

If anything seems a little bit odd to me I question it, but I'll not jump you thru hoops for nothing. It is 3AM here - please send me an e-mail and I'll look into this tomorrow for you.

Bill

TJGladeRaider@aol.com

www.FraudsAndScams.com