When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Replicas' place of origin: China & Taiwan

Quarks

Hi all,

This question kinda popped up when I was comparing the quality of watches sitting right before me. My PAM watches are either from China or from Taiwan. The Chinese ones I have gotten were from the dealers here as well as from ioffer.com (prior to stumbling upon this site). The Taiwan ones were obtained during my trip to Bangkok not too long ago.

What I have observed is that some of China watches has repeatedly shown to be less reliable than those from Taiwan. I have at least 4 watches broken down on me which are Chinese-made, and the ones from Taiwan-have been going on strong..... so far *touch-wood* Funny thing is that I have owned these taiwan made watches for about a good couple of months longer than the other ones, and that kinda lead me to think that the taiwan-made products are more superior to the chinese ones.

What are your thoughts on this?

China or Taiwan? :yu:

I read that EL's watches are from Taiwan... I might just invest getting my next few PAMs from him. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Quarks

Reason why I am asking is, I am contemplating to either go to Bangkok this June to pick up those quality 'OTM' panerais or head down to Guangzhou to try my luck to hunt down the best sh*t I could possibly find and hope that when I get back home they won't go shizzle on me.

Reason why I am asking is, I am contemplating to either go to Bangkok this June to pick up those quality 'OTM' panerais or head down to Guangzhou to try my luck to hunt down the best sh*t I could possibly find and hope that when I get back home they won't go shizzle on me.

As they are only a coupla hours apart why the either/or? (or did a sticker say you couldnt go to both)

Time and money. If I can go both places, why not? considering it is only a mere few hours apart, like you said and a good few hundred dollars difference as well. With additional few days of hotel stays plus money for flight to GZ, I could have gotten a few watches for that money. I know where to get watches in Bangkok but not for GZ. There has been mixed reviews about GZ, hence my hesitation.

Not to forget, the sole purpose for my trip there is watches. I wouldn't wanna spend my flight there to pick up a few watches and eventually have them gone to @#$. In my last trip to Bangkok, I totally enjoyed my time where I could go shop to shop to have a feel of the watches, chatting up with the peeps there about watches and what not, plus the bargaining makes the fun out of it all as well. Having gotten good watches from Bangkok, I would love to go again but wanna expand my horizon, so to speak.

As for the sticker thing, it could very well be from a different factory and the dealers I have been dealing with, and quite possibly, the dealers do not have any affliation with them. Whatever, it is, I simply want my trip to be a fruitful one. ;)

As far as I know, they all originate from China, the TW best thing is just marketing, if you can have marketing in the rep world. :Jumpy:

Doesn't matter where its built.........Movement, movement, movement......its ALL in the movement......(as I'm sure you know).......pay the extra bucks if you can and get a quality movement....ETA, etc......OR buy a watch that you can easily swap out the movements......then learn where O'frei is.......;)

Edited by OI812