When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ubi's Sunday Night Bezel Fading Round 2

ubiquitous

I don´t know " Cape cod " but I saw a lot of "vintage" inserts on ebay and in several forums on which you could see scratches to make it look vintage. In the end the just look like someone treaded them bad but not vintage.

Also the uneven bites of acid or bleach are more realistic IMO...

BTW: Cape cod, the island???

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/0e/Cape_Cod.jpg

I don´t know " Cape cod " but I saw a lot of "vintage" inserts on ebay and in several forums on which you could see scratches to make it look vintage. In the end the just look like someone treaded them bad but not vintage.

Also the uneven bites of acid or bleach are more realistic IMO...

You do see this from time to time on gen vintage pieces, and some might prefer this look:

DSC_0018.jpg

But, a lot of the nice vintage pieces are scratchless and have the very nice and evenly faded look that Ubi is doing so well at achieving. Examples.....

L1050045.jpg

L1050043.jpg

2ds0hav.jpg

PS - Cape Cod:

capecod.jpg

And if it doesn't, fill up the bath tub. Place Rolex insert in the tub. Plug in toaster. Turn on toaster. Stand back. Toss toaster in bathtub.

:tu:

While wearing the watch to make sure it's readable under water, of course ;)

• 1 month later...

P.S. Kent2- If you're willing to pay for postage, I'd be more than happy to age your insert for you :)

That is an offer i would certainly welcome for my incoming 5513 project!

Did i mention that your work amaze me as all the participations and suggestions such as Teejays, Chieftangs, Gorilladames!

I get so much inspired from your posts to build the perfect project for me! Thanks again guys :victory: