When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My first vintage 5513 attempt

Guest al12

Unless the watch was just serviced. :whistling:

I do know what you mean though. But there are plenty of examples on those other (gen) sites of well-worn vintage pieces with pristine xtals. I guess it is up to the look you are after. For the most part, I tend to side with the worn insert/clean crystal crowd & I do not think it works against me

Image1-2_2__tonemapped1.jpg

(these bezels/inserts/pearls are gen, as are the xtals (except for the 1665, which is Clarks))

I stand corrected :pardon::good:

T, some day we need to have a serious talk about crystal abuse... :rofl:

I know, it's a vicious cycle, and I need to step out of the circle :whistling:

al12/ Gorilladame:

Can you guys share your tips on how you got a T19 into a Trusty 5513? I'm a noob to Rolex (from Omega) and have a brand new (worn twice) Trusty 5513 with a melted crystal (glued down, no retaining ring) staring back at me from the nightstand that I use to cry myself to sleep every night..................

al12/ Gorilladame:

Can you guys share your tips on how you got a T19 into a Trusty 5513? I'm a noob to Rolex (from Omega) and have a brand new (worn twice) Trusty 5513 with a melted crystal (glued down, no retaining ring) staring back at me from the nightstand that I use to cry myself to sleep every night..................

actually mine had a retaining ring, but you might just clue it down with some shoe goo. not nice but effective, had to do so on my McQueen as the clark crystal is a bit smaller...