When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What do "you" expect from Reps ?

lanikai

Oh I wasn't trying to imply that buying from Shopping Channel was low class. I meant that soulless shills hawking crap with a fake smile make me sick.

+1 Could not agree with you more on that one. :thumbsupsmileyanim: There Is this person who's name I wont mention. He started this watch forum that makes me sick. This forum Is a promotional community for the Owners, Shopnbc and Invicta. Im not putting down people who like this community but the owners make me sick to my stomach. Selling watches and promoting Invicta and Shopnbc Is there Mission statement, or least It should be. I think Invicta makes a few decent watches, but the way they do business Is as sleazy as It gets Imho. Im amazed that the members there dont see these sleezy organazations for what they are, maybe they do see what they are and just except It, pitiful. :thumbdown: Mike (ps) sorry about the rant

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely - there's a lot of snobbery hereabouts where the Ford Martin's are concerned; I can't speak for everyone, but if I was offered a new DB9, I'd probably not refuse it, and I know that, given the choice of old or new for everyday use, I'd be hard-pushed to accept that sitting on the hard shoulder of a motorway looking at an achingly beautiful car steaming itself toward oblivion would be better than sitting inside another (also achingly beautiful) newer car wafting along in the outside lane.

Sometimes soulless equals reliability.

The perfect scenario would be a new one for everyday and an old one for high days and holidays.

In much the same way, I have a couple of expensive watches and a larger number of reps. They all do the same basic job - letting me know how late I am, some make me feel better than others, but that's all personal preference, and it's not always the gens that make me feel better.

I also have a number of "Austin Martin" Omega's which I wear most days, the everyday watches if you like. My gens are all vintage and my reckoning is that by using the reps for everyday wear, I can still use the genuine SM and Speedy on high days and holidays without them leaving me on the horological hard shoulder, wondering why they've stripped their drive belts.

Or is that an analogy too far? :whistling:

+1 :good: