When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Torobravo CG - Pin Mod Needed?

redwatch

Hi folks,

Picked up a Torobravo CG which arrived today in the mail. Seems quite nice. Don't have the watch with me today, but in looking at it, I am wondering if I should attempt to mod the CG pin before I install it? I have taken a couple of macros of the CG for reference.

I am just wondering if the pin is supposed to be flush with the CG or if it is supposed to stick up a little bit?

Any opinions would be appreciated! :D

DSC_0942-1.jpg

DSC_0941.jpg

Not sure it needs "modding", perhaps tapping it down a bit to make it flush. If you are going to do that, I find that using the flat end of a set of tweezers with a jewelers (or small) hammer does the trick. Just tap lightly, no HITTING :)

Thanks Drulee! I think that will do the trick. I guess that's another good use for my staking tool set. There is a nice little flat end punch in it that will work perfectly.

One other quick question. Is the pin top supposed to be nice and polished?

I always thought TB finished the CG off before sending out. IE Flush and polished pin and brush finish CG body and correct finish lever.

I take it thats not the case then?

So I guess its worth making the point when ordering if your not so inclined yourself to ask for TB to finish it off and not just to expect it.

Would I be right in saying its based on the gen 111 CG or is it the gen 000/005 CG?

Both 111 and 000/005 CGs are the same.

TBs CG is the same as Seadbo except its pin is smaller. i.e. its also got the same flaws being too thin.

I understood they weren't as OP have different parts numbers for the levers. Its also has a diiferent RRP according to Richemont customer services.

Hi folks,

Picked up a Torobravo CG which arrived today in the mail. Seems quite nice. Don't have the watch with me today, but in looking at it, I am wondering if I should attempt to mod the CG pin before I install it? I have taken a couple of macros of the CG for reference.

I am just wondering if the pin is supposed to be flush with the CG or if it is supposed to stick up a little bit?

Any opinions would be appreciated! :D

DSC_0942-1.jpg

DSC_0941.jpg

Hi there!

The TB CG NEEDS more modding than the pin !

Since the TB CG:s lever ARM is too thick ( when You look at it You CAN see quite a lot of the arm between the crown and the CG body, and You should NOT see anything of it!) it needs to be sanded down quite a bit.

This is quite easy to to, You just press or tap out the pin and then You use a small round diameter "file" to sand it down with.

Hold the arm steady and then sand it down ( on the inside !) on the part of it that You can see when looking at it closed ( mark the area that needs to sanded down with a pen so You sand down the RIGHT part of it.

On the TB CG the pin is attatched to the ARM NOT the body of the CG so be CAREFUL NOT to sand down the end of the pin to much because then it might get "sunken" down a bit too much when You pressit back!

The arm on TB CG works perfect with the T48 even if that crown is recessed quite a bit, just had to sand down the case a LITTLE bit to get it flash against the case ( I used it on my 111H with DSN case!

I do NOT think the Snebo CG is the same as the TB but I can be wrong I think that the TB one is more accurate of the two!!!

Ther is a very nice comparison between the V, Snebo and the original one see this link from repgeek:

http://repgeek.com/showthread.php?t=91522&highlight=SNembo

Thanks for that info Klocklind. Do you have a pic of what you are referring to? I took a look at the thread on RG, but I do not see what you are referring to.

Nevermind. I just looked at my TB CG and I see what you are talking about. From the point that touches the crown, it curves upward towards the guard, but then curves back in. You are saying that from the top, where the straight edge is, you shouldn't see the arm curving towards the case (which I can clearly see).

Thanks!

I understood they weren't as OP have different parts numbers for the levers. Its also has a diiferent RRP according to Richemont customer services.

OP may give them different part numbers but visually in the hand they are identical unless I start to need glasses. Also no big mystery for manufacturers to give the same part different part numbers on different models.

klocklind1: Many people including myself have physically compared the Seadbo and TB together. They are visually the same CG except for the pin and finishing, which the TB is slightly better. There is a similar thread to what you posted right here on RWG

red: Yes brushed.

OP may give them different part numbers but visually in the hand they are identical unless I start to need glasses. Also no big mystery for manufacturers to give the same part different part numbers on different models.

klocklind1: Many people including myself have physically compared the Seadbo and TB together. They are visually the same CG except for the pin and finishing, which the TB is slightly better. There is a similar thread to what you posted right here on RWG

red: Yes brushed.

Yes the finishing and the pin might do that they different but is the same one!

PS! TB says that his CG is MADE in SPAIN !!!!! And I do not think Snebo CG is made in SPIN !!??

I have spoken to a couple of senior people on Panerai forums and also OP, I have been chatting a lot to someone in Customer services she found an extra extra long JV for me and I have now had a brief reply from her at OP she said that the finish is different (reading between the lines I think both are brushed finish but one is a more polished brush finish) and she also said it had 'slightly different shape'. I have written back asking for a bit more detail giving a story about why I want it.

I will update once I have reply.

To be honest I always thought the 2 were the same as UR said but just last week some things I was reading suggested this wasnt the case so I have tried to do some more investigation hence why I contacted Richemont and got RRP and Part numbers.

PeteM, I would be completely surprised by this if they were different in all but the minutest way and would definitely call into question what they said. Finishing perhaps, shape, very questionable.

klockind1: Believe what you will. I ain't trying to force my views onto anyone. Dealers can say whatever they want to. Members can as well. All I know is, the two CGs are almost identical except in finishing and the pin. i.e. both are flawed for Pre-V/H series PAMs but better than what's out there.

I aint arguing just telling you what they said, as I said I thought the same.

I know looking at the catalogue I cant see a difference except possibly the lever but that could be for a number of reasons. The finish however does look different but again this could be lighting etc.

I think unless someone can post an actual side by side I am not going to side either way. But the anecdotal evidence rather than our opions would suggest a leaning more one way than the other at the moment.