When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Mbw 1680 Back Up And Running

lionsandtigers

So as some of you may recall, about 2 weeks ago i installed a gen 127 crystal on my MBW 1680 red sub, and the harness that holds the crystal in place was being fussy, so in my frustration, i hit it with a rubber mallet.

That got the ring on, but in turn, i had broken one of the tiny pieces of metal inside that holds the movement in place, so the movement was flopping out and the watch was unwearable.

So with the help of a few members, randy, you seriously saved me, I did some hunting online and finally found some replacement harnesses for the eta in my sub. While ordering that, i said [censored] it and ordered a bunch of other things (movement holder, tweezers, screwdriver set, crystal press, etc), well, the came today.

Put her in the holder, opened her up, and with my shakey nicotine infected hands somehow managed to get everything in place, and screwed back in, and VIOLA, we are back baby.

Again, thanks so much to all you guys that helped me along, you know who you are, and saved me from misery. I COULD NOT have done it without you. randy, think we have the same bathroom counter???? lol

LONG LIVE THE RWG :3a::3a::3a::3a::3a::3a:

115408-22885.jpg

Congratulations and Good work! :thumbsupsmileyanim: That first successful repair really makes you feel good. Be careful though, you've now entered the danger zone. Having tools inevitably leads to fiddling with movements and those little parts sure do bust easy. I've got an eta parts box filled with the remnants of 3 or 4 movements I busted up to prove it.