When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

POrikaa

URkuk

I just received my 42 mm PO from Narikaa. What a great deal! For under 100 bucks this is an amazing high quality rep. Reg was great to deal with, speedy shipping from Taiwan to Florida in less than 15 days.

I noticed there were a couple of arrows on the wrapping of the bracelet and I paid no attention to them as I wanted to see the watch unwrapped. I have since learned the arrows indicate which way to push the pins to resize the bracelet. I have a small wrist and will need to resize the bracelet. DUH!!

Anyone have a wrapped model or know which way to push to pins? ( towards the crown or away from the crown?)

I have read these bracelets can be tough to resize and do not wish to break anything..

Thanks

Pics will follow tomorrow.;)

Unfortunately my bracelet does not have engraved arrows. I ordered a good link pin remover from Birdman and guess I will try to determine which way to push. I don't want to break a pin..;)

If you also ordered a loupe (or have young eyes) you'll want to push on the end that isn't split - meaning the one that doesn't look like a screw head.

very nice..I just got a porikaa as well, and after a few days of wearing it..I am contemplating going to an AD to see a gen in person. I am realllly tempted to buy a gen. i didn't think I can like a watch this much..it truly is a strange affair!

porikaa.jpg

Edited by SteveFromNY

You can push the pin out either way. It's a pin sleeve construction. Problem is they are though as hell to get out. I broke my pin-removal tool in halve trying. In the end I had to grind a jeweler screwdriver in to a slim pin and bang the pin out with a hammer.....

Ive just done one about 10 mins ago.

If you look on each side of the bracelet,one side the pins are flush and the other they are not quite as flush.

I always push from the side thats not flush.

If you do mess any pins up,ive got some spare mate. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Ive just done one about 10 mins ago.

If you look on each side of the bracelet,one side the pins are flush and the other they are not quite as flush.

I always push from the side thats not flush.

If you do mess any pins up,ive got some spare mate. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

what he said :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I have the 45mm Black / Orange POrikaa which arrived last week, be careful of the crystal, its not sapphire, I managed to put a small scratch on mine, the AR is great tough, a very nice example for an amazing price, had the back off and the asian 21j is very bright, all gold, looks great surrounded by a heavy brass retaining ring.

Keeps good time, losing about 5 secs per day, but by placing in various angles when not worn at night will gain a few seconds to keep very good time.

The bracelet pins are difficult to remove, I use a hammer and pin pusher part way, then grab the opposite protuding part with heavy pliers and pull steadily out.

Its the second watch from Reg I have bought, his Chanel J12 black ceramic is cool for the ladies too, provides very good quality items that are put together well.

I ordered a link pin remover from Birdman which arrived today. With Birdmans tool I pushed the pins from the side that was not flush, then used a pliers to pull them the rest of the way out. I bent one pin but was able to straighten it and reuse it. Thanks to the suggestions I received here I was able to resize the bracelet in less than 10 minutes... This is a wonderful forum!!

Thanks

Bill

Wow you must really love your watch to pay for such an inexpensive model to be modded!!

Why not purchase the UPO instead of buying the cheaper unit and paying to have it modded?

I decided to treat my watch to an upgrade lol

well to get a UPO would be more expensive in the first place and then to get it relumed there would be added cost.

tbh it doesnt really bother me that I dont have a higher beat movement in it, and I like the position of the pearl in the POrikaa, it is one of the better pearls that I have seen