When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM 036B nearly finished

Drulee

Couple of quick and dirty (or dusty in this case) shots. Just need to finish up the CG pin on this 036B with The Zigmeister's "TSWISST" and "Tritium like" lumed dial, Swiss Incabloc 6497 with sunburst cogs, very thick AR-free sapphire, older style titanium case, B series style ti CG, more accurate display back with larger OP lettering, ti T48, and lovely Heroic18 Navy Green Gator.

I also have a couple other PAM 036B builds, nearly finished, one with LSWISSL dial, and the other with an older DSN TSWISST dial (that I'm debating whether to get The Zigmeister lumed).

PAM036BTquickshots004.jpg

PAM036BTquickshots006.jpg

Doc, looking good, where did you source that CG? Is it the stock old cartel one that came with the case?

I bought a bunch of Ti manual winds (around 7 of them :) ), and managed to get three of these CGs. One went on my 082, another went onto one of the other 036Bs I've been building, and the third went on this one. I also had to do a little lever switching to get one that closed nicely on the T crown. As for where those manual winds came from, all from RG/RWG members - mostly members who came back onto the forum just to sell their purchases from a few years back. So, yes, I would say that they are old stock cartel CGs.

Really really nice one!!!!

I have a Ti case with back engravings: OP6513 and EE number, is it accurate for a 036? And why DSN cases have one more number on the third lug?

The OP number is right, but the EE number is wrong, it should be a BB number (BB980nnn). There should also be a third Bnnn/200 serial number on the opposite side, which mine doesn't have either. I believe DSN is the only one who made cases with all three number etched on the three corners.

very nice!

where did the crystal came from?

:-)

It came from the first 036 I bought, from a member on RG. I had figured it was probably mineral, but then I bought a diamond tester and verified that it was sapphire. The first 036 had a DSN "Orange markers" dial, CG that had a bad case of over-sanding, display back with thin lettering, wrong shock assembly (Novodiac), and unpolished cogs.