When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

double red seadweller dot com

FxrAndy

I have just been reading that site and it is a wealth of information but what a mine field, versions of dials and different printing, letters from comex diver sating that some watches did not have comex on the dials. Luminover dials, GW dials that have had the seadweller reprinted in red by Rolex! Transitional double red dials with GW case backs, wow

Andy,

That is a great site, but it really brings out what some of the folks over on the genuine forums like Vintage Rolex, Rolex Forums and TZ Vintage Rolex say, there are so many variations, time overlaps, redials, etc. that NO ONE really can say with any degree of certainty whether or not a variation is correct. I visit those forums frequently, and they have some pretty heated discussions when some variant shows up that most aren

I love that fact also, i have been going blind trying to work out what parts i will need to make a nice 70s 1680 and to be honest i think i can make it just the way i want it and still be authentic, I am not going to be posting pictures on VRF or any other forum and if i meet some one in the street who can say it is not gen (which i will always admit)i will be happy to meet a watch enthusiast (and more than likely a VRF or RWG member)

Learning the intricacies of vintage Rolex is a never-ending educational process. And to add to the confusion, when it comes to vintage Rolex, there are exceptions to just about every rule. Still, it is good to have a working understanding of the general scheme of things before diving into the vintage Rolex pool.

I think i have a lot more reading to do but i think i have what i need to make the watch in my head, any one know if any one has managed to re engrave serial numbers?

I believe J&W remove and engrave custom serials. Something like $300 charge though.