When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Dr Frankenstein Help!

vlydog

My 1680 franken is on the table and all that seperates it from life is a crystal retaining ring. All other parst, including the cystal, is genuine so the compression ring needs to be gen or gen-like in its specifications.

Please help bring my Franken to life.

Thank you.

My 1680 franken is on the table and all that seperates it from like is a crystal retaining ring. All other parst, including the cystal, is genuine so the compression ring needs to be gen or gen-like in its specifications.

Please help bring my Franken to life.

Thank you.

Have you contacted jmb?

Dude's a magician.....

JMB is the one. What you'd probably need to do is send him the bezel and maybe the crystal, possibly even the case- from there he turns the retention ring on his lathe. He saved my PT 1665 by turning a new ring for me. Took a little bit of filing, but it turned out great.

JMB is the one. What you'd probably need to do is send him the bezel and maybe the crystal, possibly even the case- from there he turns the retention ring on his lathe. He saved my PT 1665 by turning a new ring for me. Took a little bit of filing, but it turned out great.

I have sent jmb a PM and am awaiting his response. Thank you

Size wise they should be the same. The 5512/5513/1680 all have the same dimensions.

The only caveat would be the bezel dimension. So if V sent his bezel to you or took an inside dimension measurement, the crystal dimension is the same.

I have used Gen bezels with MBW retention rings so it may work as you already milled for Ubi.

Sorry for volunteering you, but I seem to recall that you offered this service upon completion of my project.

My apologies if I spoke out of line.....