When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Navitimers

b16a2

Ok, over the past month I've witnessing the generation of navitimer reps available. Still on the 3,6,9, versions, the date wheel sits slightly too low. However, on this one, the 12,9,6 version, it sits beautifully. The only flaw I can think of is the fact that the bezel is polished instead on brushed? Could this be the closest rep so far!!??

http://perfect-clones.com/bl10034-navitime...nos-p-1693.html

Ok, over the past month I've witnessing the generation of navitimer reps available. Still on the 3,6,9, versions, the date wheel sits slightly too low. However, on this one, the 12,9,6 version, it sits beautifully. The only flaw I can think of is the fact that the bezel is polished instead on brushed? Could this be the closest rep so far!!??

http://perfect-clones.com/bl10034-navitime...nos-p-1693.html

I got the 3, 6, 9 version and it works perfectly... I agree, i am not crazy about the polished bezel, but i think it's a very accurate rep. mine looks identical to the real one. I went into an AD and saw one and compared.. pretty amazing... The salesman assumed mine was real and he complimented me on my choice..

I will sell you mine if you want it for $225? I paid: $268 plus $25 shipping

I would call this the least accurate navi available. Sure, the date wheel looks better than the 3 6 9 version, but aside from that the entire case and SS strap are supposed to be brushed. The picture leather band wouldn't fool anybody who has any knowledge of genuine navis. I do believe that this watch has the potential to be the most accurate, by disassembling and brushing the entire case and strap.

As is, I could see this one coming a mile away!

Edited by andreww

As is, I could see this one coming a mile away!

Who wears their reps "as is?" If you're waiting for a near-perfect rep out oif the box, you've got a loooong wait ahead you.

Almost everybody just factors in a decent strap into the price of a rep, and the majority of serious collectors assume they'll have to do some mods as well. A case brush is a piece of cake compared to what people regularly do to their pams just to get them close, so the navitimer is one of the easiest reps to bring up to par--$60 for a brush job, $100 for a decent strap, and I'd probably throw in an OEM dial while I was at it., but that's not a must IMO.

This is a nice rep of the navitimer and the plus is that the date is certainly better than on the 3-6-9 version where the single digits should be facing the outside of the watch but never are. However, be aware that is does have some flaws, namely:-

This model should have 4 ticks between second marks instead of 3 (ie 1/5 second marks, not 1/4 second)

The ticks along side date window should not be present

Case is polished steel but should be a brushed, matt finish

Edges of slide rule bezel should be more pointed, not flat as on the 3-6-9 version

and worst of all, it has Messersch14177 61109 rather than Messerschmitt Bf109 engraved on case back.

It will fool most of the people, most of the time but like all reps, does not stand up to microscopic scrutiny. Only you can decide if you can live with the flaws. If you can, go for it!