When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My Mystere! My Mystere!

kronos twin

If you've seen the IWC mystere tourbillon that the cartel's are offering and wondered whether they were worth it, let me tell you with a resounding sense of approval. Yes! Yes, they are! I own an AP Montoya, and even though that feels so great and gen-like, my Mystere just makes me feel proud to be in love with watches. Even though the tourbillon isn't a perfect match, it's a fine piece of machinery in its own right and the watch itself is amazing to look at. I just got it two hours ago, and I feel like a new man with it on. If you were on the fence, don't be. Just get it. Now for a gen strap...

some quick wristies from my phone. Sorry about the resolution. No pic except maybe those from our expert photographers can do this justice.

post-16388-12692947679_thumb.jpg

post-16388-126929477767_thumb.jpg

Always wanted atourbillion...its so horological....but again the price is quite steep and I would like to hold one in my hands before buying it

I'll try to do a review in the upcoming week when I get back from a business trip. I think it stands up quite nicely to the gen, given the price. Two major differences:

1. This is a manual tourbi movement. The gen has a pellaton automatic movement. They are worlds apart.

2. The tourbi casing that is visible on the dial however is very close to the gen. The only difference is that the balance wheel is about half the size, and doesn't have screws in it, which makes it an obvious distinction.

3. I also have an issue with the small seconds hand size, and the crown, which I realize now is misspelled, but so small no one including myself cares. I will switch out with a gen crown though. This watch is worth it.

However, in terms of value. A tourbillon watch is expensive. There's no getting around it. The bottom line is that this is well executed. I love it. It feels like a quality piece, and the overall look is stunning. I'm not wearing this to pass it off as a gen. I'm wearing it because it's a beautiful freaking timepiece, and it shows in every possible way.

I understand. Creating a working tourbillon movement is quite a feat itself.

Imagine that there are still many people who seriously believe that the best reps of today are assembled and constructed by 10-year old children in dark basements.

Enjoy!

I understand. Creating a working tourbillon movement is quite a feat itself.

Imagine that there are still many people who seriously believe that the best reps of today are assembled and constructed by 10-year old children in dark basements.

Enjoy!

Amen to that. This is not easy work. Thanks guys, for looking!

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...