When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A REMINDER / WARNING TO ALL...

TwoTone

thanks for the kind words, JC and panther... :drinks:

i don't explicitly state it, but some of us offer money back and/or work with buyers on sales if there's an issue...sometimes, what may be a hairline is a big deal to someone...sometimes what i think is dust is a tiny scratch/scuff...i don't microscop a piece i sell nor can i describe every mark...and there's always marks...anyhow, i wear my pieces - most of them - so there's bound to be "imperfections"...but everyone has a different toleration level...i try to stick with folks i've dealt with and/or members i've "seen around" that i feel are members and not transients...this is a community afterall, i believe and support that!...

i also let members know that i'm more than willing to reveal my name and address and contact info...especially for higher priced pieces...learned this from Hike...we became friends because we spoke directly on a piece...and now i'm very pleased i can call him up on a quiet friday night when i need advice on how to toast a PAM dial just for fun!...

with anything - due diligence and a degree of educated gut feel...

now panther - truth is....the Oris coming your way doesn't have a movement...did you want one?... :huh:

That explains that good price.....Ha! I'll just use it in "sundial mode" It certainly is big enough......

thanks for the kind words, JC and panther... :drinks:

i don't explicitly state it, but some of us offer money back and/or work with buyers on sales if there's an issue...sometimes, what may be a hairline is a big deal to someone...sometimes what i think is dust is a tiny scratch/scuff...i don't microscop a piece i sell nor can i describe every mark...and there's always marks...anyhow, i wear my pieces - most of them - so there's bound to be "imperfections"...but everyone has a different toleration level...i try to stick with folks i've dealt with and/or members i've "seen around" that i feel are members and not transients...this is a community afterall, i believe and support that!...

i also let members know that i'm more than willing to reveal my name and address and contact info...especially for higher priced pieces...learned this from Hike...we became friends because we spoke directly on a piece...and now i'm very pleased i can call him up on a quiet friday night when i need advice on how to toast a PAM dial just for fun!...

with anything - due diligence and a degree of educated gut feel...

now panther - truth is....the Oris coming your way doesn't have a movement...did you want one?... :huh:

Movement shmuevement, over rated Imho. :p

Seems like it is easier to spot the scams when they are a brand new member (at least for me). I am currently having an issue with a VIP member that has been around for years. Apparently he has fallen off the face of the planet. :(

Im so sorry to hear this and hope everything works out well. If they dont come through you might have to go public, so as to protect this community. But that Is always a last resort. Do try to keep making contact with the member you are dealing with, good luck :drinks: Mike

Im so sorry to hear this and hope everything works out well. If they dont come through you might have to go public, so as to protect this community. But that Is always a last resort. Do try to keep making contact with the member you are dealing with, good luck :drinks: Mike

Its been 40+ days and no response to countless emails and pm's. My first bad one. :bicycle::drinks:

If It's been 40 days with no response then I suggest that you do two things. First contact admin or one of are mods. Let them know what happened exactly. Then I would call that person out by way of this forum. Im sorry but 40 days and no reply Is totaly unexceptable. Please let this community know who this Is so this dosent happen to someone else. One thing I can say Is "your much more patient than I am" I would have been bithin and moanin long before now. Again Im really sorry to hear about this and wish you the best of luck. :) Mike

Think Yankeefan has already made known in the watches and the member review sections about his experience... Sorry to hear, in consolation - at least you got the watch, but it must really feel shitty to pay and not get the other half of the package! Hope this gets resolved in an amicable manner and its all a big misunderstanding.

Seems like it is easier to spot the scams when they are a brand new member (at least for me). I am currently having an issue with a VIP member that has been around for years. Apparently he has fallen off the face of the planet. :(

Just to point out--sometimes things happen. Not that it makes it ok, but if he's been out of contact for a couple of months, maybe he got deployed to Iraq or hit by a car or his mom died and he had to go to China, or something. I know that getting scammed on a watch sucks, but we have to remember that sometimes real life gets in the way.

I know if I sold a bunch of watches and then got run over by a truck on the way to the post office, the last thing on my wife's mind would be to get on paypal and refund everyone's money. Maybe it'll work out. Sorry to hear about your troubles.

Just to point out--sometimes things happen. Not that it makes it ok, but if he's been out of contact for a couple of months, maybe he got deployed to Iraq or hit by a car or his mom died and he had to go to China, or something. I know that getting scammed on a watch sucks, but we have to remember that sometimes real life gets in the way.

I know if I sold a bunch of watches and then got run over by a truck on the way to the post office, the last thing on my wife's mind would be to get on paypal and refund everyone's money. Maybe it'll work out. Sorry to hear about your troubles.

No doubt...I surely know that things happen. Problem with this specific situation is that he disappeared for three weeks, then reappeared apologizing for everything and stating that he is going to make it right, and then has disappeared again. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. :good:

No worries. Life goes on. B)

Hi guys,

I can see what you're getting at, but is there no way you could add a review section to the watch, parts, straps areas in the same way that there is for the trade section.

That would allow both buyers and sellers to have some way of reviewing their transactions, good and bad. :thumbdown::thumbsupsmileyanim:

I've got to admit that up to now (touch wood - double fingers crossed) I've bought and sold, making some friends along the way (cheers hackR, Panther917, et al), with no problems, and to be honest I rather hope that it continues. :clapping:

The problem is that life is not always perfect and even in a group of like-minded enthusiasts such as ourselves, there will always be the odd predator, and that's where a review capability might at least save some of us from falling into traps.

Is it possible?? :pardon:

Cheers, DR

Hi guys,

I can see what you're getting at, but is there no way you could add a review section to the watch, parts, straps areas in the same way that there is for the trade section.

That would allow both buyers and sellers to have some way of reviewing their transactions, good and bad. :thumbdown::thumbsupsmileyanim:

I've got to admit that up to now (touch wood - double fingers crossed) I've bought and sold, making some friends along the way (cheers hackR, Panther917, et al), with no problems, and to be honest I rather hope that it continues. :clapping:

The problem is that life is not always perfect and even in a group of like-minded enthusiasts such as ourselves, there will always be the odd predator, and that's where a review capability might at least save some of us from falling into traps.

Is it possible?? :pardon:

Cheers, DR

I think there is already one Doc, under where you said it should be. Its called Member trade review.

I think there is already one Doc, under where you said it should be. Its called Member trade review.

Dam, you pick things up fast. I was here a for about a year before I knew where the mens rest room facilities were. . slow learner I suppose. :pardon:

Dam, you pick things up fast. I was here a for about a year before I knew where the mens rest room facilities were. . slow learner I suppose. :pardon:

OMG there is a rest room? OOo i need to go, dun tell me where.. i'll look for it :p

BTW, sale starts tomorrow at 7750

Edited by gtanak

Aha..... thanks guys for pointing this out.

Couldn't see it for looking - must have passed it a thousand times. :pardon:

I suppose when you've been here long enough you manage to learn where everything is - I'll get there eventually.

Cheers, DR

Aha..... thanks guys for pointing this out.

Couldn't see it for looking - must have passed it a thousand times. :pardon:

I suppose when you've been here long enough you manage to learn where everything is - I'll get there eventually.

Cheers, DR

No Worries DR everyone's here to share their passion by helping each other out.. Me? I'm still looking for the toilet and coffee machine.... Think Max sent me on a wild goose chase