When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Looking for a Rolex Submariner

falconeye

my goodness this has to be the most helpful "who has the best sub?" thread ever :o

@falconeye, you definitely don't want a quartz submariner. buy an ETA-powered submariner from one of our trusted collectors; unless you have unreasonably high expectations of what a $200-300 replica watch should look and feel like, you won't be disappointed.

all the best :victory:

deltatahoe

Welcome, Spend your time reading before you spend your cash. There is so much to choose from, The Asian clones are at least new, A Swiss ETA may be surplus and old so you never know.

What do you mean by that the ETA could be old? old like in used?

Thanks

Thanks, and your wathc is ok from theses 5 years ?

About movement, What must I ask to the vendor to be sure he will sell me a good movement ? I tought that ETA movement were all the same. I didn't know that there is Rodhium, gold,....

Is the ETA movement that are in replicas the same like an ETA in a Breitling watch ?

Another question, what is the difference between a watch made by BK and a watch from preicous time ?

Thanks

ETA is the largest movement maker. Some high-end watch makers take ETA movements and make them more pretty and then use them in their watch.

The difference between a BK watch and a Precious Time watch ... A normal dealer sells you factory-made watches. BK hand-finishes and inspects every piece.

ETA is the largest movement maker. Some high-end watch makers take ETA movements and make them more pretty and then use them in their watch.

The difference between a BK watch and a Precious Time watch ... A normal dealer sells you factory-made watches. BK hand-finishes and inspects every piece.

Hi all,

Some news about my quest : I tried to contact Precious Time but it takes a long time to respond(they didn't receive my first mail) and the vendor seems very busy. I tought they were in UK, but they told me they want direct payment to China.

Do you have other vendors you can advice to me ?

Thnaks.

That is not normal from presious time! i have never paid to china for and order did you go to www.ptswiss.com?

Yes, I received a mail from : pt (at)ptswiss.com

The mail I received is :

"Hi Friend,

Firstly i only accept western union and direct payment to china.. So this would not work with your current guideline below.

Maybe try another dealer

PT"

I was asking about paying by Paypal.

• 4 weeks later...

My trusty sub date the ultimate cost about 388usd was perfect and water resistant i used it for smimming and i had it pressure test to 100m passed but i think its better just getting the swiss eta one at 288ish and having the work done yourself (a service) waterseals ect! i compared it to a friends gen and very little difference with the naked eye even my friend handled it could not tell the difference in quality!