When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tropic 19 Dimensions

omgiv

Hi Guys,

I have one of the newer 1680 MBW/MBK cases and was wondering if a genuine crystal will fit or not. I tried to fit a Clark's 19 on it and it was too tight. I ended up having to sand the inside of the crystal and repolish it. I was wondering if it would be worth it to machine the case down a little to fit a genuine crystal. Here are the measurements that I have from the case and retaining ring:

Measurement taken from case: 28.20mm

Measurement taken from inside of retaining ring: 30.19 mm

Just for the information, the space for the bezel insert measured 36.60mm. Thanks in advance!!!!

Plastic crystals vary some, but the dimensions of your case and retaining ring sound fine. At the most, you might have to sand the inside of your retaining ring. Look at all the various T-19 crystals Ofrei stocks. So you can figure having to play around w/ 2 or 3 to find one to fit is not unusual.

http://www.ofrei.com/page419.html

Thanks Alligoat! I did look at Ofrei yesterday to see if their crystals matched anything that I had measured. I have an extra 127 that I was saving and decided to try and put it on the case and it slipped right on. But like you said, I am probably going to have to sand or machine the retaining ring down a little. You don't happen to know how tight the retaining ring needs to be do you? I think that the OD of the 127 was something like 30.40mm and the retaining ring was 30.19mm. Thanks!!!

Cousins material house have 2 sizes of T19. Both are made by Sternkreuz. The tightest fit measures 279 inner diameter, and 305 outer. The other one measures 282/303.

I bought the 282/303, and still could not get the retaining ring of my MBW to fit over the top of it. After running the edge of the crystal along some 600 grit sand paper, it was perfect. It only takes 20 seconds to sand a new crystal to size, and if you go to far, it is only a