When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The wait has been sooooo worth it!

projectologist

I just received the tracking # for my 3646 Cali being shipped from Erfurt. I got my name on the list for one of VDB's project case sets as soon as they were announced at the end of last year.

Last week I shipped the movement and Cali dial off to Germany for the transplant and hands upgrade. Absolutely 1:1 inside and out (yes I know that T's minute hand is a smidge too long for the Cali version 3646... but I think I'll be able to live with that). Per gen the case back and bezel screw into the movement/coupling ring.

Guess you could say I'm more than excited menu-birgits_w00t2.gif

And here are some teaser pics I found in my PM box while on my lunch break today. More pics once it arrives.

newCal02a.jpg

newCali04.jpg

newCali03.jpg

That looks sweet cant wait to see your pics with strap.

Really liking that cali vintage look - just lovely. Just a shame in a way its a closed CB!! But thats awesome in itself!!

Congrats mate can feel your excitement very envious!!

Any straight on shots?

Just this shot of the dial (with gold RR track) and hands just before shipping it off (the old hands still attached). Also, one final pic VDB sent, a little closer to straight-on.

Watch was shipped from Germany today... should arrive Friday and can post pics Sat.

calidial01aa.jpg

newCal01a.jpg

Here's the old case set I replaced (Type G Cali case with a Type F bezel and plexi)

3646cs01.jpg

3646cs02.jpg