When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Which one?

fred7777

Im new and love all the info on MODing a REP but to keep it simple what model Rolex GMT Pepsi would you recommend without any MODs right out of the box ready to use? Asian, swiss? I will be buying from a Europe seller. Thank you for your help.

Im new and love all the info on MODing a REP but to keep it simple what model Rolex GMT Pepsi would you recommend without any MODs right out of the box ready to use? Asian, swiss? I will be buying from a Europe seller. Thank you for your help.

Im not a Rolex kind of guy but I would suggest this,hang out In the Rolex section. The members there eat, sleep and breath rolexs. This is also a great way to learn about reps/gens In general. To do your own research will make your purchase that much more rewarding/gratifying.good luck :thumbsupsmileyanim: Mike

Go to the By-Tor's Watch review section, right below "general discussion". open that and scroll down to his review of the GEN vs Rep Pepsi GMT. It's a very comprehensive review with great photos.

One thing you will find is the GMT Master II has a number of deficiencies some that can be corrected quite easily with modding, others are not correctable. The biggest "tell" and one that is not correctable is the wrong hand stack. All the movements use a different hand configuration than the Rolex movement, except one "clone" movement that has the correct hand stack, however it is notoriously unreliable and while some members have one that has been running for a year or two, most have died. Another problem, the crown is too big, but that can be corrected by a genuine crown/tube. There are other things, but you need to read the review to get all the answers.

Andy,

My GMT Master 16750 is hour-GMT-Minute-Second from the bottom up. Looking at the photos of the genuine GMT Master II 16710 in by-Tor's review, it looks like the hand stack is the same as the 16750, Hour- GMT-Min-Sec.

From looking at the reviews and what's out there, it looks like the GMT II that Bk is selling is the best one available. It's still the incorrect hand stack, but it looks like he has done a lot of modding to correct most of the other problems.By-Tor says it's the best 16710 rep out there.

Since I have a genuine 16750, I really haven't been keeping up with the GMT's until I got the GMT IIC, which hopefully I can upgrade with an AR Cyclops, better lume and the 2893-2 movement.