When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Newbie in seek of long lasting affair

Hi all,

Impulse buy on a GMT IIc a week ago and never looked back. In the delirium while waiting for my first good quality rep to arrive, bought a Chopard GT XL as well. Even before that has arrived, ordered straps to complement. Slight hiccup on the first watch, but that has been replaced and i'm loving the watch especially since the missus says it looks great on my hand! (Wow, i understood that as, hey honey, go out and get somemore.. so here i am) Not wanting this new found affair (dun tell the wife) to die a natural death, i've ordered watch repair, disassembly kits from Amazon and am now looking for my next purchases. I intend to get a classic rep, something that can be worn as a daily beater and will take someone more than 5 looks to realise its a rep.

Also, i'm based in Asia, Singapore to be exact. Really appreciate if any kind bro can PM me some links for watch makers or modders like lumers or AR so i can embark on this exciting hobby.

Thanks all!

Gerald

Edited by gtanak

Be careful..this hobby is a cruel mistress!

She will empty your wallet quicker than the real one, but will keep coming back for more!

I can also see your wife with MANY extra pairs of shoes!whistling.gif

Offshore

Haha... i almost think you know my wife personally, or are all women like such? Unfortunately, my missus's obsessions are with bags (OucH!). If she does decide that for every rep i get she shall get a bag, i either end this love affair prematurely or i better starting getting bloody good reps or even gens for that matter

WOo! Right after i posted this, my doorbell rang and my Chopard arrived! Took many pics but dun think anyone is interested in such a common rep. Its a beauty IMO and the rep rubber is sooo soft.. but its a dust magnet! Within minutes there are white furballs and little specks attracted to my belt... Hopefully the rubber belt i ordered does better. Anyone can provide a good link or source for sports rubber belt for the chopard GT XL? Thanks in advance!

One watch at a time

stay and soon you'll have more watches than you can possibly wear

enjoy the journey .... The destination is infinate

A/C

Lani

Thanks for kind comment Lanikai.. enough spending for the day.. just blew cash on cape cod cloths, silicon grease and case closer, magnifying loupe.. OMG. Now i need to rent a space and set up shop

Welcome to RWG Gerald. :thumbsupsmileyanim: Some of the dealers on the trusted dealers list have straps, bracelets and other acceessories. If you dont see something your looking for send the dealer a message and tell them what It Is exactly. To keep your wife happy you could always buy her a rep bag. Some of them are really nice, like are watches. I purchased a LV for my moms birthday for a little over $100.00. The real LV(Louis Vuitton)are around $1000.00, oh well just a thought :whistling:

Welcome to RWG Gerald. :thumbsupsmileyanim: Some of the dealers on the trusted dealers list have straps, bracelets and other acceessories. If you dont see something your looking for send the dealer a message and tell them what It Is exactly. To keep your wife happy you could always buy her a rep bag. Some of them are really nice, like are watches. I purchased a LV for my moms birthday for a little over $100.00. The real LV(Louis Vuitton)are around $1000.00, oh well just a thought :whistling:

Thanks Max, unfortunately my wife knows rep bags from genuine like one of you gurus can tell a WM9 from a gen. She'd stuff a rep down my throat if i ever got her one haha... I'm still recovering from her last bag, hence the wise decision to stay off gens and go into reps for myself. Next up, Skyland Avenger grey SS... waiting for sale time