When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

tool opener back case foe an omega PO 42mm

nicoz

Sticky balls is what i get when I spill my soda :rolleyes: I have also used a pair of scissors. Just be careful and steady. Just line up the blades of the scissors with the Indents of the case back, then gently turn. I would try the sticky balls first, good luck :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Sticky balls is what i get when I spill my soda :rolleyes: I have also used a pair of scissors. Just be careful and steady. Just line up the blades of the scissors with the Indents of the case back, then gently turn. I would try the sticky balls first, good luck :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I would absolutely not use scissors unless you want to stab yourself in the hands.

Try the duct tape ball, if that doesn't work get a cheap caseback wrench.

I would absolutely not use scissors unless you want to stab yourself in the hands.

Try the duct tape ball, if that doesn't work get a cheap caseback wrench.

Well I have used scissors several times as so have others that I know. I have never heard anyone stabing themselves. It's called being careful. If you dont feel comfortable using them, then dont. But It does work and It works well. It's always a good Idea to try something before you knock It. About six months ago my battery died on my Sector quartz. Tried as I might I could not remove the case back with a sticky ball. It had been many years since the caseback had been removed. I saw this video on youtube on removing a caseback with scissors. So I decided to give It a try. It worked well, no stabing and no scratches to the caseback. If you have concerns of stabing yourself then you can pick up a cheep pair of childerns safty scissors for about $1.00. This Is meant to be done when a sticky ball dosent work. It was also nice not having to remove all that sticky glue that a sticky ball can sometimes leave behind.

Well I have used scissors several times as so have others that I know. I have never heard anyone stabing themselves. It's called being careful. If you dont feel comfortable using them, then dont. But It does work and It works well. It's always a good Idea to try something before you knock It, then again :bangin:

I have done it, and it does work fine.

There is a HUGE difference between being willing to do something yourself, and recommending that someone else try it. I've changed tires using a box wrench, a pipe and a couple of rocks before, when I was stuck in the middle of nowhere with no cell phone and just the tools in the car. It worked fine, and I was careful, but it was dangerous and I wouldn't ever recommend that anyone else try it.

Applying pressure to scissors, whilst presumably holding the watch in your hand, is a recipe for stabbing yourself in the palm. Yes, as long as you're careful you probably won't, but why not just buy a case wrench or use the duct tape ball (which, btw, is the "tool" that I love the most for opening watches!) and save yourself the trouble?

To the OP: You will always save time, sweat, blood and money by using the proper tools.

I have done it, and it does work fine.

There is a HUGE difference between being willing to do something yourself, and recommending that someone else try it. I've changed tires using a box wrench, a pipe and a couple of rocks before, when I was stuck in the middle of nowhere with no cell phone and just the tools in the car. It worked fine, and I was careful, but it was dangerous and I wouldn't ever recommend that anyone else try it.

Applying pressure to scissors, whilst presumably holding the watch in your hand, is a recipe for stabbing yourself in the palm. Yes, as long as you're careful you probably won't, but why not just buy a case wrench or use the duct tape ball (which, btw, is the "tool" that I love the most for opening watches!) and save yourself the trouble?

To the OP: You will always save time, sweat, blood and money by using the proper tools.

So let me get this right, your comparing changing your tire on the side of the road to removing a caseback? ok :whistling: Removing your tire on the side of the road could be a life or death situation. As far as removing a caseback with scissors?? I will not spend anymore time trying to explane this simple method of removing a caseback to someone who just dosent get It. It seems like your having a difficult time understanding the intention of my post, so I will just say this. The scissors were meant to be used as a "alternative". I have used the scissors and I know others that have used them and there has not been any Issues that I know of, none. It go's without saying that having the proper tools Is always the best senario. But there are other things we can use that will allow us to performe a varrity of procedures,Improvisation. As far as recommending the scissors? :unsure: I dont know your talking about. I suggested the scissors If the sticky ball dosent work. If I dont suggest them how will the OP know about them??? It's also a good Idea to know what your talking about before you crap on someone else's post. :horse: I will return the favor someday. :)

As far as removing a caseback with scissors?? I will not spend anymore time trying to explane this simple method of removing a caseback to someone who just dosent get It.

It's quite simple, I have done it, it's not that I don't get it. I think it's unnecessarily dangerous and it seems like a bad idea to recommend it to someone who clearly (since he asked) has no experience with it.

It's also a good Idea to know what your talking about before you crap on someone else's post. :horse: I will return the favor someday. :)

Seems you're taking it a bit personally. I didn't "crap" on anyone's post, I said that trying to open a watch caseback with scissors if you've never done it before is a good way to cut yourself. That is a factual statement, and not an "attack" on anyone.

I agree.... why use a potentially dangerous method, whether it works or not, when you can just never suggest it in the first place? The fact it works doesn't make it a "good" idea!

Harbor Freight Tools (if you guys have them near) has Jaxa type caseback wrenches for $4 or so, with 12 different bits included. You won't slice your fingers or palm, and you don't have to take caution not to do so :D Just don't let slip from the indents or it will mar your watch. Maybe lay some tape down first to protect it.

I have one (have a couple more complex tools now) but when I didn't want to bother with my larger opener I have used it to open Pam's, Breitlings, Omegas, Heuer's, gen and rep, all fine.

Good luck.

What movement is it?

If it's an asian 21 jewels movement, most of them have a little button right near where the stem enters the movement. Press it gently and the stem will pull out.

An ETA/ETA clone movement will have what looks like a button inside a slot. Same deal here, but DO NOT PRESS TOO HARD! If you do you will have to remove the dial and hands and fix the keyless works. That slot is designed for you to use a tiny screwdriver to push the button, and do that if you have the right tool. It is really easy to screw it up using a pin.