When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Movement identification help

Drew maximus

Hey Mike,

Thank you for the info. Yes I was bummed when I found out and no I didnt buy it from anyone here. Unfortunately through a non trusted dealer. But well I guess I can attest to why we should only purchase from trusted dealers. A good deal, may not be that good in the long run.

I did talk to Ajoesmith from RG who specializes in movements and he said its a 21J Seagull movement, which according to him is very reliable. Im thinking im going to hold on to it and try to maybe finish my project. That Date font is killing me though. And that crystal with mag is a killer as well. but there is no way im wasting a DSN crystal on this.

Its a shame that we can't make DW overlay for these as they seem to becoming more frequent.

Are these the same movement in the Big pilots. I think they are pretty sturdy. I don't understand why they make these reps with display casebacks surely it must be easier to make a solid one?

ST4

Technically making a decent datewheel overlay should not be very hard. If you want to toy with this idea just pick up water-slide paper at a hobby store and print a negative of A21J datewheel raster that SSSurfer made a looong time ago. It'll take some time to align but you should have enough time before it sets.