When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Swan Neck 6497 H Series

Shasta

I don't really do movement reviews per se. So I'll just give overall impression.

This 1 has the correct sized balance at 21K BPH. The overall finish on the bridges is a bit better than the swiss version. The blue font is engraved on this version - not stick on. No ETA marks under the balance. Balance has 2 screws instead of the problematic [censored] configuration. But you can notice how ill-fitting the adjacent pins are. I don't know if it has the proper sized cannon pinon & hour wheel yet. A big plus if it does.

Don't pay 'SWISS' prices :bleh:

Edited by Shasta

Wow you just took nit picking to a new level with that remark :blink: ........................... :D

Um, not really. It's the quickest, most visible way to tell between this movement and the dodgy so-called ETA one.

One is a triangle and the other is a stretched diamond. It's much more visible than the other tells as the dealers will always show you a close-up of the Swan's Neck.

good, no [censored] problems!

but the engraving still looks very very cheapo&poor. until they fix that, I wont buy an H series movement. regulator arm is alsow wrong.

they are really hellastupid. why cant they JUST get it right? they always make such foolish and dumb mistakes. its not too hard to make a thiner, correct, engraving. its not too hard to make a sword shaped regulator.

Actually I should point out that there is nothing wrong with it's [censored] - so to speak - and there never was. This has a PALLET BRIDGE (which is the 2 screws plate under the balance wheel) rather then the newer PALLET [censored] - neither of these are faulty just a desigh difference. The fault is with the positioning of the balance spring relative to the BALANCE [censored] and since this has an asian balance wheel then it could have the same problem as the newer G series movt. So many cocks!!