When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

new "bond" subs

biffa

I prefer the trusty bond watches they have smaller crowns but thick cases the others on eden/idle are not quite correct!

the trusty bond this will be perfect for my 6542 gmt project with a few mods, cant find a white dial though!

and the trusty crystal looks better i think.

Edited by aeromatic

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Davidsens Brevet Crowns are USD 30. Maybe they'd do just as well? I wouldn't know, but I do know the price difference is huge.

MG

Thanks mastergod! for this pricerange rep thats a good price for a crown! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Thanks mastergod! for this pricerange rep thats a good price for a crown! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I haven´t seen it in the flesh, its the one he uses on his 6154. Hope this is correct for your use, if not I apologize...

DSN Brevet

Ordering one for myself for my SPACE-DWELLER II project!!!!!!! :whistling:

MG

BTW AERO: What are you making? A Pan-Am w/fantasy crown or a bond sub? Or both?

Edited by mastergod

Thanks mastergod! that looks great to me iv got a franken bond sub with yuki parts and a gen 1030 ,im now planning a 6542 gmt pan-am i will build it as close as possible to the gen but with a brevet crown a fantasy model but with a vintage scene i will use the 2893-2 gmt if i get the trusty bond watch to use the case then hopefully get a gmt white dial if i cant find a dial that will fit i may use a redial company in isreal who specializes in vintage dials they normaly ask you to send your old dial in but i will ask them if they can work from a scan of the white dial or mabe ask yuki if he can find me one!

this will be say like a classic car but with a modern engine!

:drinks: I´ll be using a Brevet for my 6542 project myself, the brevet crown kind of makes this small watch more - how do you say - protruding? Fantasy or not, the most important factor IMO is that what is made is the way the watch should´ve been made in the first place! Will wait a round or two to improve skills first...

Indeed! Working on my Space-Dweller fantasy I debuted cg-shaving the other day, and wiped the tube clean off, now what´s left of it is stuck inside the case. What a good excuse take out the drill and make room for a maxi crown :thumbsupsmileyanim:

MG

Edited by mastergod

:drinks: I´ll be using a Brevet for my 6542 project myself, the brevet crown kind of makes this small watch more - how do you say - protruding? Fantasy or not, the most important factor IMO is that what is made is the way the watch should´ve been made in the first place! Will wait a round or two to improve skills first...

Indeed! Working on my Space-Dweller fantasy I debuted cg-shaving the other day, and wiped the tube clean off, now what´s left of it is stuck inside the case. What a good excuse take out the drill and make room for a maxi crown :thumbsupsmileyanim:

MG

i agree why should we stick to a format of (i have to make it as a gen ) lets make our watches the way we want to if we dont like something then change it! you couldent find the tool for taking out the tube? i will be going down to my friends shop to change my tube and crown on my redsub as i dont have much thread on it on 1/2 a turn only is all i get a factory fault im destroying a good watch to use the tube and crown! i just dont like the small crowns plus i have big fingers and cant get on with them! we alway change the crystals from the factory rep and make thick ones i hate that sometimes cheap thin sound that is found on some reps just making a new thick crystal makes all the difference and changes the feel of the watch! my 5512 has now a 6mm thick crystal and has a solid feel now!

Edited by aeromatic

... if i get the trusty bond watch to use the case then hopefully get a gmt white dial if i cant find a dial that will fit i may use a redial company in isreal who specializes in vintage dials they normaly ask you to send your old dial in but i will ask them if they can work from a scan of the white dial or mabe ask yuki if he can find me one...

Good idea! Good luck. I ordered some water slide decal sheets, thought I´d try to brew my own dial. Hopefully, an aged tritium (re)lume job will lend authenticity to it.

I´ve shaven my cgs. Result: :black_eye:

Drilled the lugholes. Result: :pardon:

Painted some hands. Result: :nea:

Drawing upon this experience, I have a rough idea of how the dial might turn out :yuk:

Still, a voice in my head keeps saying :wub:

MG

Edited by mastergod

Hi

what do you think of this Trusty watch ?

When you see this gen one, it seems not so far

Rolex6536DepthGilt.jpg

I think that with some work it could make a super lookin watch mabe fitting an afermarket redial or mabe have that dial relumed the case looks good to me and at this price you got a good base! to start with i would have liked it to have a slow beat eta none hack movement! if fact the case is close looking to my 6538 franken but i want to see it in the flesh! the crown to me lookes acceptable i mean i would be very happy with it,