When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex GMT Master 6542 Pan AM

redwatch

hi redwatch you will need an adaptor to hold the movement in the right position for the stem alignment yuki emailed me that they are working on one for there yuki cases and i read somewhere here a member is also making them for yuki cases too a watchmaker could do this for you

check out member stilty post movement adaptors for yuki cases!

Thanks for the info aero, but I am also looking for specific information on the differences in thicknesses and stem positions from the ETA movements and the Rolex 1030/1035 movements. Just want to figure out what hurdles I will have to overcome if I buy an aftermarket case designed for the genuine GMT movements.

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting. So 24replicawatches steals the pic- do they send you a rep watch or just take your money?

If someone were truely repping a 6542, you know we'd be all over it!

One way or the other they will rip you off! and i too would be all over it! sellers on dhgate use to do this some years back they would show a photo of a gen and ship you something total crap! and they will state that all there watches are gen!

a guy on dhgate selling watches show a photo of a gen 5512 i sent him a email telling him to show a photo of the watch he is sellin not a gen photo his reply quote : hello my friend all my photos are of my stock taken by me the watch is a real vintage rolex 1966 please send me your money now! and the price (wait for it ) 46.65 usd bargain of the century? but there are people that fall for this type of scam! scary as it is!

Interesting. So 24replicawatches steals the pic- do they send you a rep watch or just take your money?

If someone were truely repping a 6542, you know we'd be all over it!

it looks like a gen but could it be a franken? look at the dial again. is it aftermarket?

Just thinking there, mabe we should get a list of names of members willing to purchase a good 6542 rep! and send it to one of our rep dealers, who knows if there is a big interest they may consider asking the factory to make it, as they know how helpful places like RWG are to there business! mabe get them to rep also the white dial pan-am,s!

Edited by aeromatic

it looks like a gen but could it be a franken? look at the dial again. is it aftermarket?

The watch on watch-finder's site is a gen. But it may be a replacement dial since it says 'Swiss- T<25'. Tritium came out around 1963-64 and the GMT 1675 was already out by then. Prior to that Rolex marked the dials 'Swiss' and was using radium for lume. The dial on this 6542 was probably replaced during service in the 70's or 80's.

Just another reason for LHOOQ not to spend 20,000 pounds on it!

The watch on watch-finder's site is a gen. But it may be a replacement dial since it says 'Swiss- T<25'. Tritium came out around 1963-64 and the GMT 1675 was already out by then. Prior to that Rolex marked the dials 'Swiss' and was using radium for lume. The dial on this 6542 was probably replaced during service in the 70's or 80's.

Just another reason for LHOOQ not to spend 20,000 pounds on it!

Yes You are Correct! rolex has ruined a lot of vintage watches with the upgrading/replacing parts but then again, they were just tool watches and not vintage! i would say that that bezel must be artifically faded too!