When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Old school Breitling Chrono Avenger franken!

Mickey Padge

Just got this piece back from Germany, thanks Domi! :)

Domi re-finished the genuine dial (lots of scratches, now it has a wonderful matte finish, like charcoal). He also AR coated the sapphire crystal, which looks much better now. The movement was from a Skyland I think, hence the correct date font.....

Can't buy these any more, along with the titanium Seawolf, you can only get the latest rep versions, which are poor in every respect, nothing like the old school ones! :D

Enough chat, here are some pictures, click to expand!

dsc03385l.th.jpgdsc03387s.th.jpgdsc03388m.th.jpgdsc03391q.th.jpg

dsc03394.th.jpgdsc03395.th.jpgdsc03396t.th.jpgdsc03392u.th.jpg

dsc03394f.jpg

I hope you like it, I am very pleased with the results. The only thing left would be to superlume the hands, but I am really not bothered to do so, I like it fine as is :)

Comments and observations welcome! B)

Wow! Looks great!

Can't believe they don't make this anymore!

Like the datewheel too, makes a huge difference!

The little things make a big difference, of cource the gen dial helps! :)

They still make it in steel, heaven knows why they don't use titanium again, update the dial and date disc and the factories would sell 1000's.....

Thanks By-Tor, like the SFSO, this is one watch where I would love to own the gen, but I can't justify the price to myself :)

I have a good selection of mainly high end rep watches, with a hell of a lot having passed through my hands, eventually I will post a group shot, just need a few final pieces of the puzzle ;)

Very nice my friend. I love the Titanium. I love my Gen Ti Wolf. :)

Yep, I would love to own a gen ti Seawolf, the discontinued titanium Breitling's have always been among my favourite watches. I really don't understand why Breitling no longer make them, or even use titanium, seems strange to me....