When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

what ver DSSD is this? anyone?

highoeyazmuhudee

No not at all. The v3 has a huge bug eyed pearl and ultra-fat hour markers AND no beveled date window.

This DSSD has a correct date window, a reasonable pearl from what I can see in the blurred pics and slim, sweet hour markers.

I'd say this watch is the Eurotimez v5.

No not at all. The v3 has a huge bug eyed pearl and ultra-fat hour markers AND no beveled date window.

This DSSD has a correct date window, a reasonable pearl from what I can see in the blurred pics and slim, sweet hour markers.

I'd say this watch is the Eurotimez v5.

I agree...plus the correct 10 on the insert would suggest a later version unless modded but this doesn't seem to be a home mod...

Looks pretty nice! They are getting closer... :whistling:

Due to the fuzzy pics, I can't tell if it's a 2009 ETz v5 or a 2010 version. The pearl is the key to that decision.

2009 v5 pearls are flat. 2010 have a nice little dome, as per the Gen.

Another thing you aren't showing us is if the "titanium" caseback is a true cone or a stepped pyramid shape. Cone = Gen = ETZ and stepped pyramid = V3

EDIT: Ahhh I see in the final pic that the pearl is shown nicely! It's a later V5 .. good pearl!

This one looks very close to the photos I received from ETZ for the DSSD they were sending me. The Original Gas Escape Valve looks like it is positioned like mine.Hard to tell from the other photos, but the pearl sitting up sort of looks like mine as well.The bezel font looks similar as well. Am I close? If it is a ETZ, I didn't realize they had shipped out any. Mine is supposed to ship on Monday.

The only difference this one has the crystal a little "proud" above the bezel, mine is actually slightly recessed below the bezel edge.

From the photos, mine looks pretty good. Certainly it isn't perfect, but it's better than the last attempt.

Interesting, I posted the above before I saw your post about the MBK DSSD. i'm wondering if that's where ETZ is sourcing the 2010 version. the reason I say this, I got an email from Neo yestersday, and he was talking about the problems in Bankok. He said my watch would ship Monday when the post offices reopen. I thought they were in China? If they are shipping the DSSD from Thailand, it possibly is the MBK version.

Hard to tell with the fuzzy resolution, but the insert is not the modded Ultimate version,.. no way of telling if the rehaut is correct.. as on the Ultimate, the V5 is not correct .. the dial font appears to be too thick for the Ultimate version.. the V5 has a thicker font on the dial which is way off.. this appears to have the thick font..

Really hard to tell if the steel is of the Ultimate .. to my eye it does not appear to be..

lani:

yeah my friends photo skills are a bit lacking, oh well, he's a tourist not a photographer. makes it hard to gauge the dial font sharpness cause of blur. the rehaut looked correct to my eye, as some seem too deep, but again 2D photos with a crystal that bends light at the sides, it's hard to tell.

pan:

well my friend was there last week, went again today to get some vintages that i'll be offering for sale soon, he posted stuff no problem and made no mention of turbulence in the area in his emails to me, business as usual it seems. not sure if i'll tell him to pick up any DSSDs from MBK, I could get some like the one posted above for resale, shipped GEN ETA immediately.

my friends time in bangkok is limited, so im trying to get some good stuff out for some good people on this board while i can ;)

well im sure it's the same as the cartel source

The watch in your pics is absolutely not the Cartel "ultimate" or "V3" ... the dial is all wrong. Cartel DSSDs have too-fat hour markers. It's really obvious.

Lani: Someone posted a photo of the new ETz DSSD (approval pics) last week and I think the OGEV engraving was identical to this ... The O is good but the E in Valve is short of the mark. I think this is the "2010 etz" watch.

I'm talking about the "Rolex" engraving on the side of the rehaut, not the engraving on the top

impossible to see the alignment without macro shots and the proper lighting... Talking about The alignment withe the 9-12 and 3.

Regardless jkay is probably correct in the model