When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Franken Breitling Bentley 6.75?

cougaree

Well, I'd love to see someone give it a shot! With Breits, usually the dials fit. However the question is whether or not the rehaut ring depth is correct. If you can't get the pushers and crown stem to line up correctly through the case, then you'll have to transplant the rep rehaut ring on to the gen dial. And at that point it may not be a worthwhile mod..... :mellow: On the bezel side, that's probably asking too much. The rep bezels are notoriously difficult/impossible to remove on most Breit models, and the gens really never seem to fit right. I tried my first and last gen bezel transplant on a V2 SA. The price was right on the gen bezel to give it a shot, but in the end it was a no go.

Good point, Chief! Frankly, I haven't seen any rehaut rings for sale. Mainly just the dial. It's probably not going to be worthwhile then. You are right about the Breitling bezels. They are generally hard to remove. Instead of spending the effort to remove the rep bezel, I wonder if we can ask the dealers to ship us ones without the bezels installed when we order watches.

Not sure... It may belong to the dial or maybe case since it rotates, but I think since those gen dials available for sale mainly because they are replaced by diamond dials... gen owners may not replace their rehaut rings... thus none of them are for sale unfortunately.

No way it won't happen.

The movement is different, this means that the dial feet are at different positions. This COULD be solved by cutting the feet off and glueing it onto the movement somehow. BUT: The subdial spacing is also a tiny-little-bit closer on the gen, which means, you can't use the A7750 as base movement. Now take it to a step further, let's say you can locate a gen movement somewhere (which won't happen). Gen uses an ETA2892 + Dubois D

No way it won't happen.

The movement is different, this means that the dial feet are at different positions. This COULD be solved by cutting the feet off and glueing it onto the movement somehow. BUT: The subdial spacing is also a tiny-little-bit closer on the gen, which means, you can't use the A7750 as base movement. Now take it to a step further, let's say you can locate a gen movement somewhere (which won't happen). Gen uses an ETA2892 + Dubois D

A Mulliner Tourbillon? :g: This could be your lucky day Sander. :D

Yeah, it COULD be... But this is not going to happen with a rep caseset. (Or only with drilling new pusher holes, which would mean you could see the old holes on the side of the case...)

the rehaut depth is deeper on the rep, and the bezel assembly and outer dial ring move independantly by pressing the button on the side of the case to lock the gears so the bezel will turn the outer dial ring. Its a pretty cool setup but unfortunatly none of the gen parts will fit on the rep. I have a 6.75 and its modded with double AR from chieftang.. i think thats about as much as you can mod it with the exception of a gen bracelet.

check out the crystal... well you cant see the crystal but i guess thats the point thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

IMG_4608.jpg

the rehaut depth is deeper on the rep, and the bezel assembly and outer dial ring move independantly by pressing the button on the side of the case to lock the gears so the bezel will turn the outer dial ring. Its a pretty cool setup but unfortunatly none of the gen parts will fit on the rep. I have a 6.75 and its modded with double AR from chieftang.. i think thats about as much as you can mod it with the exception of a gen bracelet.

check out the crystal... well you cant see the crystal but i guess thats the point thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

IMG_4608.jpg

That's right but you don't have to press the 'button' on the left side of the case. Actually you can't press it, since it's not a button.

Greetz.

That's right but you don't have to press the 'button' on the left side of the case. Actually you can't press it, since it's not a button.

Greetz.

Yes you are correct.. sorry that didnt come out right lol

its not really a button you can press in.

When i first saw it, i thought it was a helium release valve and i was like WTF is that doing on this watch? haha

dizz