When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Iwc El Domino

relaxman

My IWC Portugues arrived today from good ole El. Ouch what a nice looking watch. To quote Dabom "Personally I would like to see sports watches repped, not high-end dress watches like the 3714. Reps just do not come close to the finery of a watch whose chief expense is in the finery" Bull hockey on this one I say. My pics do not do this watch justice, the fit and finish on the watch is incredible far and above any rep I've owned to date and there is nothing wrong with these blue hands compared to the genuine Marice Lacroix I own with blue hands.l Anyone sitting on the fence as to purchase one or not, hop off and take the plunge and with what El is selling them what do you have to loose. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

STRAP IS MINE!!!

117124-22467.jpg

117124-22468.jpg

117124-22469.jpg

117124-22470.jpg

Beautiful watch. I jumped on the silver/black subdials before this one appeared. I'm thinking "am I feeling lucky?" "Do I want to go with both?"..............

rob, it's an hard choice, they're both gorgeous.

Panda is probabily more accurate as it has all grey hands.

Panda, Domino and Laureus are all very nice

Looks fantastic M. I know that on paper, this is the same size as, say a Submariner, but how does it compare in size aesthetically? I'm guessing the Domino appears and wears bigger than a typical Rolex Sub since the dial and crystal takes up the entire face of the watch...?

At any rate... I'm gonna have to get me one. It looks great!

Looks fantastic M. I know that on paper, this is the same size as, say a Submariner, but how does it compare in size aesthetically? I'm guessing the Domino appears and wears bigger than a typical Rolex Sub since the dial and crystal takes up the entire face of the watch...?

At any rate... I'm gonna have to get me one. It looks great!

R It wears much bigger than a sub. Even though its @ 1.5mm larger, the lack of a bezel gives the IWC its larger presence. It truly looks nice on the wrist. A big key to this rep is the lack of a bezel and date window. Nothing loose and nothing to misalign. Reps always have a big WOW factor the minute you get them but quickly diminishes this one has the looks to last. Lets hope the movement cant do the same.

It is a great looking watch, just got mine from Fast Eddie as well. I was concerned about the blue hands as well from a previous thread where it looked like crap, but that photo was blown up in size and the lighting made it look bad. By looking at it dead on, the blue hands color looks very uniform. It's a great looking watch...I actually sent EL an email to change my order to the Panda(silver dial, black subdials) but the watch had already shipped and I am not disappointed.

What size strap does this take?? I think this IWC deserves a genuine strap. :whistling: