When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Portugese Rep Movements

leowyatt

I've been having a nose at these 2 watches and after reading another forum while this was being migrated I discovered there has been movement issues with them especially the Regulateur.

Can any owners of any reps let me know how their watch is doing and their thoughts on quality, etc?

I've been having a nose at these 2 watches and after reading another forum while this was being migrated I discovered there has been movement issues with them especially the Regulateur.

Can any owners of any reps let me know how their watch is doing and their thoughts on quality, etc?

the regulateur movement is reviewed here:

After a proper lubrication is a good movement.

regards,

Francisco

the regulateur movement is reviewed here:

After a proper lubrication is a good movement.

regards,

Francisco

Thanks for the link and the great review Francisco

You state that:

"As a summary, although the modification is really bad, it is true that hour and minutes and rotating slower in comparison against seconds. Therefore, this modification is going to be less problematic that Portuguese or Daytona. However, I cannot see this movement having a long life."

Question to you: So after your servicing and oiling how long will it last? maximum 3 years or so?

Question arises from how one defines "long life"

All the best

Gunnar :)

So would a rep from Josh/Watcheden be ok? Just get it serviced when you get it?

Just!!!!!!! Its an extra 110 dollars or more to the price of the watch my dear Leo

It is a shame and despicable that some watches are simply not of acceptable quality when they arrive from the dealers...How trusted dealers get away with this (= not decribing the faults) year after year is a mystery

despicable.jpg

What?? you are kidding? I have no idea a service would be that much :unsure:

So should I stay away from the Regulateur and just stick with the 7 day?

I got the IWC JONES (hvite gold and blue hands) and it works well to this day...but I guess the 7 day is ok, the Ingys or one of the pilots should be pretty safe buys...problem is that any of the modified or more complicated copy movements seem to be riddeled with flaws/lacks these days...(myself I recently got an A7750 28.000 with only 4 jewels put in and it is supposed to have 25 I will post on this subject later...I am pretty shocked about it still)

Thanks for the link and the great review Francisco

You state that:

"As a summary, although the modification is really bad, it is true that hour and minutes and rotating slower in comparison against seconds. Therefore, this modification is going to be less problematic that Portuguese or Daytona. However, I cannot see this movement having a long life."

Question to you: So after your servicing and oiling how long will it last? maximum 3 years or so?

Question arises from how one defines "long life"

All the best

Gunnar :)

after working again with this movement, and after oiling that output gear that is rotating over the surface of the plate (and oiling more parts), I have changed my mind..now i think that just oiling that parts, the movement is not going to be problematic.

And now...good news.. I will publish soon a tuto about combining two movements, to improve the back of that beautiful IWC regulateur. Some pictures now:

rep IWC regulateur and the movement to be combine with the regulateur modification.

img4512o.jpg

new movement with the modification combined.

img4539ya.jpg

a very interesting project... at least for me... :pardon:

regards,

Francisco

Interesting input Francisco :thumbsupsmileyanim: but I must admit I have not totally grasped your later modification...is it a part we cannot see you have modified Francisco? please do continue...

Interesting input Francisco :thumbsupsmileyanim: but I must admit I have not totally grasped your later modification...is it a part we cannot see you have modified Francisco? please do continue...

the modification is in the top, under the dial... so you have to combine both movements to have that beautiful back with the modification to move the hours to position 12....

this is not the tuto :rolleyes: