When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Portuguese Vintage Gold Ref 544503

mbjoer

I received this one from Mary @ Watchinternational and all I have done is to change the strap to a real alligator.

The watch must qualify as one of the true bargains in the Rep-world. Compare it to the excessive amount one will need to spend to get a workable Portuguese Chrono, and this one is comes across as an infinitely better option.

As to accuracy to Gen, I am not sure. I have not been able to track down any good pictures and I have not seen one in reality. But on its own it is a really attractive watch.

Now to the pictures:

The Front. On most of my pictures it seems white, but when you wear it, it has a more yellow/creamy colour. I have tried to capture that:

120.jpg

103.jpg

The Back. I think there are several versions with various degrees of decoration. This one has none:

116.jpg

A few nice deep engravings on the case:

118.jpg

The Crown. Some detail but not completely crisp:

112.jpg

050.jpg

The clasp. As good as it gets:

115.jpg

I changed the strap for a real alligator. The rep-strap is plastic and terrible. This strap cost as much as the watch:

121.jpg

122.jpg

And finally a couple of wristies:

127.jpg

128.jpg

136.jpg

Great looking replica you got :wub:

1237398263_IW544503.jpg

IWC 5445, Portuguese Hand-Wound, Vintage Collection, Reference 5445-01, Homage to the First IWC Portuguese Watch of 1939m

12773-1.jpg

12773-4.jpg

12773-6.jpg

12773-5.jpg

The original old one

DSC_151.jpg

THE Original IWC portuguese hand wound from 1939 with blued hands. Amazing huh!!