When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

i need profesional opinion for this UPO omega 45mm!

Guest tolis

It is a large watch so maybe the 42mm size is even better looking PO of this version....I have a 4th generation PO 42mm and many feel it is a more balanced look than 45mm unless you got a huge wrist

I think the PO Chrono is a better choice at 45mm and have one of those myself and I got a 19cm wrist size so it is as large a size OMEGA my wrist can tolerate

I had a silix PO a couple of years ago, if i remember back the problems were that it had no AR, but that can be solved these days, a different crown tube that never gave me any problems as opposed to the UPO crown and tube and the lume was not great but what rep is, for the price it is worth it.

Oh and the UPO bracelet will not fit with out modding

I guess you have to ask yourself if you plan on doing any gen mods down the road. I once purchased a silix case back because it looks better than the UPO back. The silix back will not fit the UPO case, that taken with the fact that you have to mod a UPO or gen bracelet to fit leads one to wonder if the silix case will accept any gen parts. I get pretty anal when it comes to the pearls and that pearl is garbage, who knows what insert would fit, I have modded 2 gen inserts -one orange, one black- for my UPO's and gotten them to fit no problems. If you want to do a gen dial mod which I have also done on two UPOs, are they going to fit? I have just about as many gen parts in my UPOs as you can get and I would not even consider the silix version for my work.

Can we all STOP with the confusion! Tolis.. this is NOT a UPO. UPO= Ultimate Planet Ocean. This is simply a Silix PO. Only a few dealers carry the UPO and it will always cost between $190 and $220 new from the factory. If silix is going to sell this watch to you for $100 it dfeinitely is not a UPO. The logo looks great though. But one thing that makes me skeptical is that he doesn't show the Helium Valve placement in any of his photos. Do some research and make a decision. If it's a UPO that you want.. try andrew, josh, or Angus at puretime... :pardon:

I'd also heard other 45mm PO's had the wrong bracelet size. The gen and 'U'PO are 22mm at the lugs. Some other PO's have been 20mm at lugs.

BTW - I find the 42mm is too small. the 45mm for me doens't feel unbalanced. The 42 is a shade bigger than the 300m Seamaster (Bond type or black face) which is 41.5mm. Today not a big size.

So long as your wrist is minimum 55mm 'wide (across the top) the 45mm PO will be OK.

In the end the size point is a matter of taste.....as it were....