When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Newbie Watch winder question ;)

cvstos

Hi Guys,

I've been reading RWG a lot today, as I just made my first two purchases. While I do have a lot noobie questions brewing, now that the deed is done, the following one comes to mind as first and foremost. (Other than my first rep, the other purchase I made was an Ace timer, as recommended by you good fellows at RWG.)

The question I have may seem a little silly, but it seems an important one to me nonetheless. Hope you agree.

This Dual Ace timer will stand the test of time for the foreseeable future, as I slowly get into the hobby. I noticed on acetimer.com, that the black Ace timer is the best selling one.

Very modern..and of worthy note I'm into black and steel colored watches in general.

I did however order the Rosewood (thinking it matches a humidor i have) but honestly..i don't think I'm going to be as corny to put them both on the same shelf together. I do like the color though, but will it look out of place with the silver/black watches I seem to migrate toward?

I know it's a subjective opinion/choice, but I'd be interested to know which color or finish for your storage winder would you choose if you had to do it again?

Thanks!

Edited by cvstos

Link is here

http://www.acetimer.com/home.php?cat=3

Looks rather decent. I got my time tutelary for USD60 with shipping so i'm not complaining.

Seriously... the color of your watch winder shouldn't matter so much, as long as its not lime green or funky purple... As long as it fits into ur decor.. heck, even if it stands out, that's not too bad a thing either. What matters are the beauties inside :)

Link is here

http://www.acetimer.com/home.php?cat=3

Looks rather decent. I got my time tutelary for USD60 with shipping so i'm not complaining.

Seriously... the color of your watch winder shouldn't matter so much, as long as its not lime green or funky purple... As long as it fits into ur decor.. heck, even if it stands out, that's not too bad a thing either. What matters are the beauties inside :)

I agree 100%. The color really should not matter. Im not a watch winder kind of guy but I have to addmit that these winders look very nice for the money. Im taking a really good look at the 8 watch winder In black laquer for $160.00. thanks for the link :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I agree 100%. The color really should not matter. Im not a watch winder kind of guy but I have to addmit that these winders look very nice for the money. Im taking a really good look at the 8 watch winder In black laquer for $160.00. thanks for the link :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Yeah, the 8 looks tempting, though the foot print is pretty large, maybe you could mount it vertically to save space... Hey mike, if you dun need all 8, we could split 4-4.. k now everyone else will think i'm looney :)

Have one of these but is not really that good for the large heavy watches....like a UPO 45 Chrono on ss bracelet

What is the best winder for big and hevay watches?

Have one of these but is not really that good for the large heavy watches....like a UPO 45 Chrono on ss bracelet

What is the best winder for big and hevay watches?

Im no expert thats for sure but I hear alot of good things about the wolf winder. It's suposed to be one of the best. :)

Yeah, the 8 looks tempting, though the foot print is pretty large, maybe you could mount it vertically to save space... Hey mike, if you dun need all 8, we could split 4-4.. k now everyone else will think i'm looney :)

Me thinks ub a bit loony myself. :p

Hey there guys,

Maxman, I wanted to mention a few days ago. :) As soon as you mentioned Black Laqueur (combined with your esteemed, not to be disregarded post-count), I immediately put in a request to change my Rosewood to Black.

(it appears Acetimer's rep is on vacay according to his voicemail btw)

But fwiw, even if he still sends me the Rosewood, this newb' is still going to pay for the postage to get the Black laqueur, as Your post-Countness' recommends ;) j/k

Black laqueur ftw!

Edited by cvstos

• 3 weeks later...