When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

ETZ 2010 DSSD photos and a short review

panerai153

I've seen talk about the V5 in TRF as well as in WUS. Except, they don't refer to it as V5 as they have no idea what one version is from the other.

Interesting that this watch is getting the most attention! I would have for sure thought it would be one of the submariners, datejusts etc...

IMG_6197a.jpg

Side view of the HEV. believe that the proper HEV is slightly indented, which this one is.

Look at this picture from the official rolex site:

HEValve.jpg

The area around the HEV is not indented at all and the HEV itself is only slightly recessed.

Also check out the video: Rolex DSSD

Edited by scarass

That is an "artistic photograph" created by a Photoshop monkey in Advertising Dept. ... not true to life. Look at the steel, completely filled in with a false texture. You can't tell anything about a real DSSD with this photo, unfortunately.

@scarass,

The area around the HEV is not indented, what you are seeing are sunlight reflections which make it look like it's sort of "Scalloped".I almost didn't include that photo in the review, because i thought the way the sunlight reflected would make that side look distorted. The HEV is slightly indented, which I have seen on probably a hundred photos of genuine DSSD's I've looked at. I agree with jkay, that photo is a photoshop image from a real photo.

@scarass,

The area around the HEV is not indented, what you are seeing are sunlight reflections which make it look like it's sort of "Scalloped".I almost didn't include that photo in the review, because i thought the way the sunlight reflected would make that side look distorted. The HEV is slightly indented, which I have seen on probably a hundred photos of genuine DSSD's I've looked at. I agree with jkay, that photo is a photoshop image from a real photo.

Ok, I see :) it's hard to see this stuff on pictures, reflections can mislead! Even if the picture is photoshopped I have a hard time believing they alter the HEV just for the kicks of it??!! The position of the HEV on the gen is just like in the "Photoshop" picture. Anyway, stunning looking watch you got there mate!

Ok, I see :) it's hard to see this stuff on pictures, reflections can mislead! Even if the picture is photoshopped I have a hard time believing they alter the HEV just for the kicks of it??!! The position of the HEV on the gen is just like in the "Photoshop" picture. Anyway, stunning looking watch you got there mate!

Watch websites have even been known to change hand color "just for the kicks of it"... (ahemm.. clearing throat.. Panerai!... breitling) Don't ask me why.. but the last place to look for accurate pictures of a gen watch is on a GEN website