When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

EMS tracking question

cvstos

I honestly dont pay much attention to those tracking # anymore. Like Woody says. so far behind It's not worth keeping track. The last rep I orderd was supposed to be at JFK, just arrived, later that day I had my watch :pardon:

Ultimately, there are many factors to successful postal tracking, however all of which are outside of anyone's real control :)

At the 10,000ft level, successful tracking depends on the country and post system/agency that the parcel is being delivered from and to. Then, it's up to it's respective employees to correctly scan each item as it is checked in, both at departure and arrival, as well as while it's in transit anywhere in between. Let's hope that the postal agencies in question have a decent network infrastructure that can process the necessary data and correctly reflect that output via their servers and databases so that when a tracking number is queried on their website, it displays correct, relevant and timely data.

Now let's look at the average U.S. Postal employee. Most of them don't give a fuck about anything. Throughout a number of different places of residence that I've had in my lifetime, the numerous mis-deliveries of my neighbor's mail to my house (or vice versa) will attest to that. As these agencies are government operated, you can be rest assured that no tax dollar was spared in paying off other politicans, visits to the strip clubs and flying on private jets; hopefully there's enough left over in the budget balance to pay for the necessary equipment for these agencies and facilities to operate :)

The list goes on and on, but the bottom line is: Providing a service for people to track their parcels while in transit is just silly, and should obviously be a low priority for anyone expecting a delivery as a customer :lol:

Ultimately, there are many factors to successful postal tracking, however all of which are outside of anyone's real control :)

At the 10,000ft level, successful tracking depends on the country and post system/agency that the parcel is being delivered from and to. Then, it's up to it's respective employees to correctly scan each item as it is checked in, both at departure and arrival, as well as while it's in transit anywhere in between. Let's hope that the postal agencies in question have a decent network infrastructure that can process the necessary data and correctly reflect that output via their servers and databases so that when a tracking number is queried on their website, it displays correct, relevant and timely data.

Now let's look at the average U.S. Postal employee. Most of them don't give a [censored] about anything. Throughout a number of different places of residence that I've had in my lifetime, the numerous mis-deliveries of my neighbor's mail to my house (or vice versa) will attest to that. As these agencies are government operated, you can be rest assured that no tax dollar was spared in paying off other politicans, visits to the strip clubs and flying on private jets; hopefully there's enough left over in the budget balance to pay for the necessary equipment for these agencies and facilities to operate :)

The list goes on and on, but the bottom line is: Providing a service for people to track their parcels while in transit is just silly, and should obviously be a low priority for anyone expecting a delivery as a customer :lol:

Whusssssssssssss up, true :thumbsupsmileyanim:

EMS actually comes to me slower than registered mail. Where I live, the post guys who deliver registered mail also deliver regular mail so they can leave a notification in the mailbox. The guys who deliver EMS have no access to the mailbox and the door (due to the security system) so I don't get a notification until 6 working days later. I have to actively track EMS shipments every now and then.

Thanks for the replies guys. Glad to hear your insights on EMS :)

So good news. I received my first rep today. 9 business days after the initial purchase.

Soon after receiving it, I altered my day and went to the local department store Watch-stand.

I needed a link removed and read up on here after about "1 finger gaps" and things. Takes some getting used to, the 42mm form factor that is. Anyways, I didn't think about it at the time, but realized when I was getting my watch back, that this was the first time it would be put under a professional scrutiny. His only comment was "thats a heavy watch."

After a few hours of wearing my first rep, I can see why people have more than one in their collection..something I couldn't quite wrap my finger around before.

Also, while theres great artisan ship involved in making this and other good reps, I can also see why at this price point, given time, other members decided to go with gens too.

I think thats a long way to go for me at this stage mind you.

I look forward to meticulously choosing another rep sometime in the future now that I've seen what they can do, and am looking forward to enjoying this one. Thought I might share this newbs experience with you :pardon: