When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hublot bezel - can i change it myself?

kevnick80

Hey guys

Bought this rep from timeshops a while ago - http://www.timeshops.net/HB0732_-_Big_Bang_Black_Gold_2_Blue_Diamond_PVD_RU_-_Asian_7750_300008-92.htm

now one of the blue stones has fallen out and i want to get it replaced, but they say i have to send it back

does anyone know if its possible to buy another bezel and fit it myself? and what tools would i need and how would i do it?

thanks guys

Its easy to replace, but you'll need the special screwdriver to fit the "H" shaped heads on the screws. Most dealers stock these.

Also you need to use some low strength thread lock on the screws, and don't over tighten them. they are low quality and will strip or break easily.

When you're buying loc-tite or any thread lock remember there are many different grades, ranging from "never come undone" down to "just strong enough".. I strongly suggest using the lower grades, the non-removable ones are fine if you're totally sure you won't ever undo the screws.. but if you ever try you will break the screws. The hublot ones especially are really crap metal and break very easily.

ok cool. BTW, scotty, you said you bought one of the screwdrivers from offshore - i assume you mean a shop/website and not from working offshore?! have you a web address??

google it... it's called watchbitz.com you'll find it no problem. Offshore is the member's name and he's a stand up guy. I'm working with him on a group project right now. He's got the best tools around and pretty good prices.