When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hublot Black Ice (finished)

mt666tm

This was definitely a bit out of my league, it has taken the better part of my day and it has been very frustrating, but it's done save for a bit of cleaning.

Ice Bang with 2geeks date wheel, 2geeks crystal, ETA rotor, faux-regulator, Black brushed ceramic bezel, and a textured rubber strap because I like it better :)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

And a big thanks to ' jmb ' for the hookup with the hand-pressing tools. They are amazing!

9.jpg

How much higher does the new crystal sit?

This crystal sits about 1/2 of a mm higher, so not that much, but it does have a beveled top edge so it 'appears' to be higher and the edge catches light more like the gen.

I think the TX crystal would be the best, but i'm on the backup-list for that so i figured i'd try this one out in the meantime. the AR is amazing!

Very nice - I am digging this. Can you give a picture of a two numeral date like 18 or something. I want to see what the date looks like that way. The two bangs dw is supposed to have a larger second numeral like the gen. Also can you provide a link and dealer where you bought this one?

Can you give a picture of a two numeral date like 18 or something. ...

This is the best i can do for now cuz i can't find my camera, which is a typical problem for me along with my keys and wallet. Anyhoo, the 2nd numeral is larger, you can see it in the pic where i lay down the tricompax gears as well.

post-27188-127386239622_thumb.jpg

Edited by mt666tm