When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Help ID BP 5004

asahi

Hi guys

A local guy around my neck of the woods want to sell his BP 5004. He knows its a rep but stated the strap is GEN. Can you tell me if its worth $380? I dont know how to tell if the strap is GEN. Among other things about this watch. here are the pics. Feel free to nitpick the heck out of this watch. :whistling:

post-14236-127339665915_thumb.jpg

post-14236-127339667044_thumb.jpg

not sure whether that strap is legit or not, but the rep BP is not great, look at the date window, you can stick your head in before you touch the datewheel.

i'd say get the latest up-to-date BP from one of the dealers and save up a little more and get a oem strap from the forums that usually put one up for sale here and then.

2c

the strap may be (doubtful though) a genuine buffalo from a 5002, but hard to tell from the dark pictures. as lobster said above though, the rep is pretty terrible. for starters, the datewheel should be black with white writing, not the other way around. not to mention the datewheel window looks tiny. caseback is all wrong too.

verdict: buy a bp 5004 from one of our collectors, then go about finding a decent strap (either OEM or hktan).

hope this helps :victory:

deltatahoe

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Awesome catch! I had no idea about this. Thanks a lot and thanks to everyone for their input. I was ready to offer the guy $150 for his "gen" BP strap. Whew!! You guys saved me a headache.

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

i doubt the strap is gen bud, reason is because this is the one with the power reserve indicator and the lug size is instead of 22. so if the strap fits, the strap is not gen, simple.