When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is this a gen MM20?

Martyd3

Do you have a link? The last time I checked their website was defunct and it routed to one of those spam virus infected places.

Edit: Ken Trading is a defunct company that was liquidated and bought by another Japanese company so any "new model" being offered is not the RXW MM20.

This website (southerncross-time.com) claims to have the Ken Trading old stock but rumors say this is another replica made with Molnija movements.

The interesting part is that southercross-time.com sells this replica for $980.00. Coincidentally that's the price asked by the user at TZ

that's the same as this southerncross-time.com

That's very strange though (low res pictures, the lawsuit against making the MM20, hmm) it looks like a scam to me.

However even with the low res pictures you can see the caseback is the same as DSNs (check the logo)

DSCF2889.jpg

Right, but I don't know if I can discount a possibility which for some reason Ken Trading is making a different MM20. In the beginning, Ken Trading did make a version of MM20 with mineral crystals which didn't have the distortions. I mean the watch in the ad, its CG looks kind of funny, but the crown seems to be right.

Right, but I don't know if I can discount a possibility which for some reason Ken Trading is making a different MM20. In the beginning, Ken Trading did make a version of MM20 with mineral crystals which didn't have the distortions. I mean the watch in the ad, its CG looks kind of funny, but the crown seems to be right.

The caseback is still a rep and the crystal is flat. The dial and CG are strange. The crystal doesn't seem to have any AR at all either.

Too suspicious for my taste. Why risk it?

i have to agree aswell, the hole watch looks to flat, logo wrong on caseback, fillout missing in the trident.

The center pin in the crownguard is wrong, the gen dont have a flat pin, but have a downwards curve on the pin.

it look like "marina Militare" and "L Swiss L" is printed with a bronze color.

on the Original Dial "Marina Militare" is lazer etched in to the metal, so i have a special color, and "L Swiss L" is printed on the dial with white color.

but regards to the crystal, then it could be an aftermarket, i bought the mineral version but got it heavily scratched so i changed it to a after market sapphire glass without AR.

mm20_2.JPG

IMGP0471.JPG

but regards to the crystal, then it could be an aftermarket, i bought the mineral version but got it heavily scratched so i changed it to a after market sapphire glass without AR.

fair enough but I don't think that would classify as a mint condition then like it's listed. ;)

Interesting. I was doing some research on TZ and that watch seem to have come from a power seller called Rene Rodriguez. Rene sells a tons of stuff on TZ and yesterday had an ad up for an MM20 with the same rep caseback.

All those rep MM20 treads are now gone (not sure if deleted by TZ or the posters).

I wonder how may reps get mixed up in places like TZ since many gen owners are usually clueless about the watches they buy.