When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Sheared screw in strap

ron22

Hey gang,

I've got a deep sea Sea Dweller but while trying to remove an end link, the screw sheared right off, leaving the threaded part still threaded in the band. Any clue how I could remove this?

Thanks

Not sure.. if the screw broke off then its probably in there pretty freekin tight. Can you remove that link also? Email the dealer you got the watch from and see if he can send you a couple extra llinks and a couple screws, then replace the damaged parts on your bracelet. If you cant remove the link, ask your dealer to send you a new bracelet and email him a picture of your broken screw and where its sheered off. Sounds like a warranty issue to me if you cant fix it yourself

try an e-z out

:D

..kidding of course. Just drill it out and chip out the remaining bits from the threads. All you'll need then is a new screw. I wouldn't think it's a warranty issue at all since you did it yourself (I still find it amazing how a counterfeit anything can have a "warranty"!)

try an e-z out

:D

..kidding of course. Just drill it out and chip out the remaining bits from the threads. All you'll need then is a new screw. I wouldn't think it's a warranty issue at all since you did it yourself (I still find it amazing how a counterfeit anything can have a "warranty"!

Haha, JoJo. Yea, it's on the link that attaches to the clasp so removing links won't help. I'll try and drill it out. Worse comes to worse, it's reason to get a leather strap too :)

Thanks guys!

You say "end-link"???? or do you mean regular sizing link?

Can you remove a link above or below? Even though it broke, can you remove the link that was held in place by it?

Can you afford to loose TWO links? (Maybe 1 if you are careful). If you are sizing the bracelet smaller, you can just sacrifice that link. Use a Dremel with cut-off wheel to simply cut through the link so it can go "up and over" the broken nub (assuming the broken screw is preventing dissasembly).

Pictures?